New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Pistol to Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can an encore pistol be made into a rifle by changing the changing the grip for a tail stock? In other words, do the pistol and rifle use the same frame? If that is all it takes, is there a law on minimum barrel lenght?

Posts: 50 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes you can switch them from a pistol to a rifle. Contact T/C Arms for a catalog to see if you want wood, black synthetic or camo finsh. You will need to purchase a rifle buttstock and forearm to make it a rifle.

As for barrel length I think each state may have its own laws. Here in Nebraska the barrel has to be over 16.5" I believe to be legal rifle.

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup. Do it all the time. Check with Ed's Contenders for fair prices and great service. 16 inches is legal minimum rifle barrel length (and 18 inch for shotgun) but such a barrel makes the Encore an ugly little club of a carbine. Stick with the 24 or 26 inch tubes. Good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
7-30, mcb, thanks for your replys. It makes sence for it to be interchangable but my catalog doesn't make mention of it. I bought an Encore pistol in 7-08 earlier this week. I guess this is a question I should have asked before I bought it. I am sure it will be my go to deer gun this season.

Posts: 50 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I have an Encore with a 45 cal Muzzleloader, I gave my son, I have an Encore 50 cal ML. I also bought a 30-06 pistol set up in Encore. I then got a 7mmBR, 22-550 and 44MAG barrel for the pistol Encore. Well, I have so many Encore pistol barrels I am getting another Encore frame and pistol grip and forend. I am going to leave on Encore in 44MAG and use the other for the bottle neck cartridges. I am thinking of adding some Encore rifle barrels to my collection. I had the 45-70 for the Encore but I traded it for the 7mmBR pistol barrel. I had 3 other 45-70 rifles so I thought I would part with the b45-70 barrel. I also have a Contender pistol with a 444Marlin, 44MAG and a 45/410 barrels, all are 10 inches. Let me tell you, once you get started you will be hooked. It is cool how you can go from a pistol, to a Muzzleloader to a rifle.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I then got a 7mmBR, 22-550 and 44MAG barrel for the pistol Encore. I had the 45-70 for the Encore but I traded it for the 7mmBR pistol barrel.

When you have a moment please tell us more about the 7mmBR barrel. Do you handload for it? Have chronographed your work? Hunted it? Good hunting!