Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Nosler CT expansion at terminal velocities
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
Nosler uses 1650 fps as the minimal velocity for expansion in its 7mm CT bullets. Anyone have any real world hunting experience with this bullet at low velocity single shot pistols speeds?

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nosler is right on the money with that figure. I have tested the BTs extensively both in medium and on game and have come to rely upon their excellent performance on deer-sized game.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Reply Bobby,
I was wondering if the Nosler CT (Combined Technology) bullet I referred to was the same bullet you referenced i.e. the Nosler BT.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Al-

The basic bullet is the same. The CT version has Winchester's proprietary coating added to it. This lowers pressures, and for the reloader, it generally means a grain or so more is required to reach top speeds as compared to the standard Ballistic Tip. Terminal performacne is identical.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
Thanks one more time for the insight. Regards and all the best in the field and on the range.
Al

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Al-

No problem. Please keep us posted on your hunting endeavors -- and best of luck out in the field.

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ