New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primer question for 357 Max shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this may be a silly question. Is there one brand of small rifle primer that gives more consistent results when it comes to reloading the 357 Maximum?

I have always used Winchester primers for everything, but feel the need to try other primers when reloading the 357 Maximum. Always wanted to do a study on primers.

I plan on trying the following primers: Please let me know if I have missed any brands of small rifle primers that would be acceptable for use with the 357 Maximum.

Winchester small rifle
Remington 7 1/2
Federal 205
Federal 205M
CCI 400
CCI 450
CCI BR4

Are magnum or benchrest primers necessary or personal choice?

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used both the Rem 7 1/2 and CCI BR4 in my Max. Can't say one is better than the other. I'm very interested in your results please post them.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use CCI BR-4 in my .357 max. because I already had them for my .221 and they seemed to work quite well. That is my only experience with SR primers.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What ever is on sale.

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote