Find
Notify
Tools

Re: PHOTOS OF YOUR FAVORITE CONTENDER
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jffrybrght,

Can you tell me what type and make of pistol rest you have in the photograph?? It looks like the best one I've seen yet. Also, where did you purchase it? Thanks, Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not jffrybrght but I have the same rest. A guy over on the specialty pistols forum sells them. Very well made rest. http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=9066056864 look under the advertisers I believe his info's there.

Mike

Posts: 74 | Location: Jacksonville NC | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are some really great looking Handgun featured in this post.

Here is a photo of the Contender I use at our local club for Rimfire Bench Rest Competition. It is one of the latest vintage Stainless-Steel Contender Frames (with the laser etching), Stainless-Steel Super 14 Match Grade .22 LR Barrel, 3x12x32mm Burris LER Fine Plex-PA Handgun Scope with Target Turrets, Weaver Base, Millett Rings, with T/C Rynite Grip and Forend.

I had my local gunsmith modify and bed my T/C Rynite Super 16 Forend so the hole spacing now fits Super 14 Barrels.

My gunsmith must have done something right with the Forend, or this is one fantastic barrel, cause it is by far the most accurate .22 LR I have ever had.

SD Handgunner

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautful guns Jules. just beautful.
Jim L

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim, I have more but I figured everyone is tired of seeing them

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is my baby. 7/30 Waters w/14 inch barrel and Simmons 2x6 scope. Grips and forearm by Georgia Jim.

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With Quote