New
Find
Notify
Tools

New prices at SSK
 Login/Join

<prtzlbender>
posted
Am mildly shopping for a new barrel for spring, I see SSK raised their prices.... $460 for a SS contender rifle barrel?? YIKES!! I would have to take out another home equity loan and cut out the wife's beer for a few weeks to afford that.. Not me, VVC barrels has always been the way to go for me....Let's see that list, Jeff... [Smile]

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Aye, those prices are outrageous!

I'd like to see that list as well Jeff [Big Grin]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
Guess SSK's prices have SWELLED to match his ego?
Fireball

[ 02-07-2003, 08:41: Message edited by: Fireball ]

one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just got a new price list yesterday with a set of 6.5JDJ dies. All barrels up 30.00 and most services are up 15.00 to 30.00. Glad I got 3 barrels Kromed in the nick of time. That price went from 50.00 up to 65.00.

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep telling you guys the time is ripe to get into the trade yourself. Keep your overhead low, and you can quit your "day job."

There is no reason for prices this high and making it a rich man's game..... unless it is to finance your next safari at everyone else's expense. [Big Grin]

I will gladly help you.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you go SSK web site and see the picture of JD then you'll see the reason for the increase.
His Grocery bill !
HeeHaw

Posts: 92 | Location: Las Vegas, Nv | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
If I remember correcly JD's prices have not went up in maybe a couple years. I could be wrong but I believe they were the same when I got my 50 Alaskan barrel from him a couple years ago or close to it until his price increase recently. In any regard he is in a business and is entitled to make a living.
It seems some on here is down on SSK. I would say that if any on here received a raise from their employer they took it. Did you take it because you didn't want to hurt the company's feelings or because you wanted the money? Does JD not have the right to get a raise? It's simple if you don't want to buy from him don't if you do good. I am sure he isn't going to stroke you to get you to buy his products.
Lets try to be more realistic. How many on here, if they had their own business, would never have a price increase? Very few I would say. Of course I am sure you guys would have a non-profit business like the hospitals and etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MePlat:
If I remember correcly JD's prices have not went up in maybe a couple years. I could be wrong but I believe they were the same when I got my 50 Alaskan barrel from him a couple years ago or close to it until his price increase recently. In any regard he is in a business and is entitled to make a living.
It seems some on here is down on SSK. I would say that if any on here received a raise from their employer they took it. Did you take it because you didn't want to hurt the company's feelings or because you wanted the money? Does JD not have the right to get a raise? It's simple if you don't want to buy from him don't if you do good. I am sure he isn't going to stroke you to get you to buy his products.
Lets try to be more realistic. How many on here, if they had their own business, would never have a price increase? Very few I would say. Of course I am sure you guys would have a non-profit business like the hospitals and etc.

I've have owned barrels from SSK and the 2 custom outfits out west. I still have my SSK barrels the others are gone. My 309 JDJ out shot the custom 30 caliber barrel I bought during one of the others sale a few years ago. I've also noticed this same barrel maker's prices have gone up a little since I've bought that barrel. If you don't like SSK's prices just go somewhere else. I for one am quite happy with both of my SSK barrels.

[ 02-18-2003, 00:55: Message edited by: JD HHI 6092 ]

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote