New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best "CHEAP" scope
 Login/Join

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Just received some more of these scope I will have 5 4x32 for $34.00 + shipping 5 2-7x32 for $38.00 + shipping and 2 4x32 with red dot for $45.00 + shipping and 1- 6-24x50 for $75.00 + shipping. If you would like to buy one e-mail me at gunner7243@yahoo.com or check out my website

Thank You
Paul

one of us
posted Hide Post
what make are these scopes?

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
NcStar Scopes.Well here is my report we shot 120 rounds of 45/70 this load will push a 300gr bullet at 1997fps from a 12" BBL. We shot 40 rounds for each scope all the scopes pass with flying colors. The only thing we seen was on the red dot scope the dail loosen up but this would be due to I was using a T/c do o mount and there is very little room to move the scope and it was hitting the mount. I think these scopes will do fine on just about any pistol you put them on. The rifle scope pass to we shot 90 rounds in the 338 Win. and 100 rounds in the 375 H&H. we shot about 60 rounds with each scope on 2 gun and when we got done all the scopes work fine not bad for a cheap scope. The edge to edge clarity I would say like a Weaver scope or a scope costing you $100.00 to $150.00.For holding zero through out the power range the 2-7x23 works great. The only thing is from 2-5 power you have 8" to 20" of eye relief and for 6 & 7 power you have 8" to 17" of eye relief. With the 4x32 we bore sighted it and I zero the scope in with 3 shot at 300yds and could hit a pop can 4 out of 5 shots at 300yds. It has a Limited lifetime warranty with $10.00 charge for shipping and handling. Not bad for the price. You send it back to the manufacturer. I was taking to the guy from NcStar to day he told me that the place building these scope make other brand name scopes He would not tell me there names. So when you buy a scopes like Weaver, Simmons, Redfield, and Bushnell. looked on the box and see were it is made. My Weaver and Bushnell are made in China.

[ 06-07-2003, 21:46: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul i just ordered the 4x for my 30-30 tube.If everything goes okay i will try the 2-7x for my 45 win mag tube.Thanks

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted

[ 06-11-2003, 20:44: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

<Paul Dustin>
posted
All I have left is 4 4x32 for $34.00 + shipping and 2 4x32 with red dot for $45.00 + shipping. If you would like to buy one e-mail me at gunner7243@yahoo.com or check out my website

[ 06-12-2003, 23:52: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I'll take the 2-7 if you still have it.
Email me @ bulldogdlm@hotmail.com
Bulldog...

Posts: 141 | Location: Ruston, Louisiana | Registered: 09 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,
I'm interested in trying out one of the NCStar scopes [Razz] , but am curious as to the field of view, especially the 2-7X. Their website doesn't mention any specs. Does anyone know the FOV for these scopes? [Confused] Thanks, Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,
I'm interested in trying out one of the NCStar scopes [Razz] , but am curious as to the field of view, especially the 2-7X. Their website doesn't mention any specs. Does anyone know the FOV for these scopes? [Confused] Thanks, Gary T.
Edit: Sorry for the double post; I was told the message was not sent so "refreshed" it as instructed, but apparently it had been sent after all.... [Eek!] Anyway, Paul, is the 2-7X available in silver finish, as well? [Cool] Gary T.

[ 06-13-2003, 03:16: Message edited by: Gary T ]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
just for the record, i'm 50 % on Ncstar scopes. my 2.5x on my 22/45 bull barrel is, and continues to be super! BUT, my 2x7 models vertical adjustment would not raise bullet impact enough on my 30-30 improved. rather than mess around with it and wait to ship it back, i traded it and a 4x tasco in on a burris 2x7. other than the vertical adjustment not working, the scope was perfect in every other way. everyone should realize it's a gamble. one i still think is worth taking, because even the best have problems from time to time.

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
Gary the field of view is 25' on 2 power and 8' on 7 power and not available in silver finish. I put a 6-24X50 on me 223 14" BBL Contender I got it sighted in and at 100yds I can put 10 shot under a dime. It is sighted in at 2.5" high so I should be good out to 270yds. I'm going to give it a try this year on groundhog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary T.

PM Sent

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote