THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Pistols    Velocity Comparison and Load Data for Specialty Pistols

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Velocity Comparison and Load Data for Specialty Pistols
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
I created some charts to list the measured velocity and load data for the various calibers that we have been discussing in pistol length barrels.

Please feel free to enter your data so that we can easily compare. Currently i have charts for 22, 257, 7mm, 30 & 44 caliber. If you would like any others, let me know.

Here is the link to the charts > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Specialty_Pistols/database

[ 06-30-2003, 08:14: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the person that entered the 25 caliber info. I do invite anyone to post there results.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
Mike
I entered the 25 cal. info!!

[Smile]

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks!

I seen that someone also entered some 7mm data, great! I think that this will be very interesting once we get a good sampling in there! Should help to answer some of our questions regarding performance in various barrel lengths.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I don't know if this is the kind of info you want, but with my Lone Eagle in .358 Win the factory 200 gr load clocked 2200 fps. That was the only load I ever chrono'd though. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Sure, great for comparison. What is the barrel length and any other info that might be of assistance.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I have added several more calibers now upon request. If you would like another that is not lised, let me know. The only thing that i DO ask is that you double check your data before you post it.

Currently available
.22, 6mm, 257, 6.5, 7mm, 30, 35, 44, 45

Please feel free to enter your data, we all will benefit from this! [Smile]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
BTW, This is the info that is requested on the database,

Caliber/Gun
Barrel Length
Bullet Weight
Bullet Brand/Style
Powder Type
Powder Charge
Primer
OAL
Brass Brand
Avg Velocity

The info is very easy to enter.

Thanks to all in advance!

[ 07-04-2003, 09:24: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Added 41 caliber too! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I entered a bunch of the data listed here on the 30 calibers. It is missing loading details if you guys would like to complete it.

Very interesting to the the differences in the cases with the various bullet weights.

EDIT: This data can also be sorted by any of the titles and then printed! [Wink]

[ 07-04-2003, 20:34: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

<J�rgen>
posted
Maybe I got something wrong ......but the only thing that opens up is a Yahoo page that is asking me for my password or membership something ???????? [Confused]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Nope, you got it right. It is a yahoo group and you have to join in order to enter....

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J�rgen:
Maybe I got something wrong ......but the only thing that opens up is a Yahoo page that is asking me for my password or membership something ???????? [Confused]

BTW, I had to set it up that way to avoid the trolls......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I entered that .358 Win info. The "FL" in the powder, primer areas references that fact that those were Factory loads. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
COOL! Thanks for the info!!

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thanks to all that entered data today, lot of good stuff in there now!! [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Quite a bit of data in there now!! Thanks to all and look forward to more! [Wink]