THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has the best deal on Encore frames..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted
The best I can find is in town at my gunsmith's shop $260+tax for S.S. pistol grip/forend.

[ 07-12-2003, 08:52: Message edited by: T/C Nut ]

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Nut, try James Lewis. Always on Auction Arms under "jjr." I.ve gotten 2 frames from him already. 199.00/blue and 225.00/s.s. The price was without grips, but you can find out the price direct. Great guy to deal with.
Jeff James Lewis web page

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the guys at VVCG. Last time I talked to Dave, along with the frame you get the grips and forend or buttstock and forend plus a trigger job all for one price.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Jules, i cant believe that you still havent bought an encore! [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] You got me Mike. I may before I die though [Razz]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I bought mine at VVCG & very happy with it came with the grip forend & trigger job. Nothing to mess with at a very cmpetitive price if you compare it to others.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought two frames from James Lewis off auction arms and my only complaint was they were sold to me as pistol frames and were actually 210x50 rifle frames. While all frames are identical if T/C does not register the sn as a pistol when they produce it it is illegal to put it together as a pistol. Not something you are likely to be caught on but still something to be aware of. T/C will tell you what the frame left the factory as if you ask.
Jason Connerley

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Here in Va. all our Encore and Contender frames are sold as handguns no matter how they left the factory. That really sucks being our Va. law states we can only buy 1 handgun a month. We can buy as many rifles or shotguns as we want.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jules,
Don't feel bad, we treat crossbows like that here! I don't know if that covers you or not, if the BATF(whatever they have reorganized as know) runs the frame it will come back as what it was manufacutered as, maybe T/C just ships handguns to VA but I doubt it.
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's why I keep lookin through the local trading post. As long as you buy from another person ya can get as many as ya want.
All I know about crossbows in Va. is we can't hunt with them.

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Try
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/
or
http://64.224.40.78/miva/merchant.mv
they are hard to beat when it comes to prices but of course you wont get a trigger job!!!!!!!!

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote