THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrels, type I, type II, how do you tell?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, yet another question. I'm looking at Contender barrels and keep seeing them refered to as Type I or Type II, etc. How do you tell which is which? And is one better than the others? And while I'm at it, how do I tell when my frame was made? And why is the sky blue? And where do babies come from? And can we stop on the way home and get a happy meal? huh, can we, huh?

Posts: 29 | Location: Del City Okla | Registered: 03 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Does this link answer your question?

http://www.singleshooters.org/shearer.htm

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cisco Kid
posted Hide Post
Try this site for frame dates.

http://www.handgunhunt.com/tech/t1/index.html

Posts: 573 | Location: S Ms | Registered: 24 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Erict, your link doesn't seem to work. Could be my older than dirt computer tho'

Cisco, thanks that's just what I was looking for. Looks like my frame was made in 1977. Danged near as old as me. Still wanna know if I can get a happy meal tho'.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okiecruff,

That page that doesn't seem to want to come up, the singleshooter one I think is just down now. It is a TC page by Wade King where he has a lot of neat TC stuff. The article referred to was one by Marty Shearer - my son who is a Contender collector.

That page had a url as follows: www.proshootpro.com/tcland/, but I can't seem to get it to come up either.

Does anyone have a current url for Wade King's TC Land Page?

Don Shearer

Posts: 223 | Location: Centennial, CO USA | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, what can you experts tell me about my barrel. It's marked Thompson : Center Arms Rochester, N H. 357 MAG. There is a star on the right side of the barrel lug and an iron cross on the left side. Then on the bottom ther is the letter "H". The front sight, as far as I can tell, isn't removable.

[ 06-21-2003, 06:50: Message edited by: Okiecruffler ]

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Okie -

Son-of-a-b!! I just looked at that site yesterday, but today when I go there I get redirected to some ads!! I know it had the info you are looking for. Sorry!

Maybe Don Shearer could get you his son's e-mail address? Also, you might try calling TC direct at 603-332-2333, or contact the TC Collector's Association at TCA@aol.com.

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okie,

I just talked to Marty and he said he would be glad to give you the details so you can identify the different types of Contender barrels. I will send you an email and give you his.

Don Shearer

Posts: 223 | Location: Centennial, CO USA | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don, I sent him an email this morning. With my military surplus rifles, there's a sea of information online, but these Contenders I can't find anything on. Maybe I'm looking under the wrong rocks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
rons tc's web site has detailed descriptions of all types and how to diferentiate between them..

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The link to the frame dates at handgunhunt.com is fixed. Sorry about that...
Gary

Posts: 155 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With Quote