THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you hunt this year with a handgun?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What have you or will you hunt this year with a handgun(s)?

Ernie

[ 10-20-2003, 23:44: Message edited by: xphunter ]

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Squirrels.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
XPHUNTER

WHAT EVER THE LAW WILL LET ME.SQUIRRELS,WHITETAIL(MOSTLY),RABBIT.NOT ANY OTHER BIG GAME AROUND HERE EXCEPT DEER.

I GET MY 416 REM MAG BARREL BACK,OR MY 50 XP MIGHT GO LOOKING FOR T-REX'S.DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ANY????

HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK AND HAVING A GOOD SEASON SO FAR.

BOW SEASON HAS BEEN TO HOT HERE.WENT FROM NIGHT SHIFT TO DAYS(PROMOTION,THEY SAID)SO NOW JUST A WEEKEND WARRIOR.STILL HAVE MY VACTION COMING THOUGH.

WADE

Posts: 219 | Location: indiana | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went out last weekend for Mule deer in Eastern Washington, but it was still pretty dry. I drew a late season blacktail tag ( Nov 13-16 ), so I want to hold on to it unless I see a big deer.
I'm going out Wednesday for Black Bear.

I got a new rifle over the summer, but I still can't get myself to carry it over the 309jdj. There is that little voice inside my head that keeps telling me "YOU'LL BE SORRRRY"

Good luck everyone and BE SAFE.

Posts: 132 | Location: Anacortes WA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted Hide Post
EveryThing :>Wink

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whitetail and Black Bear. There is a real good chance for a bear this year as numbers are up considerably in my area and there have been numerous sightings in and around urban areas.
Rick

Posts: 236 | Location: Adirondack Mountains of NY | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deer, rabbits, squirrels, and if my house gets broken into while I am there - the wild and elusive two legged house varmint.

[ 10-21-2003, 16:38: Message edited by: DennisF ]

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from a mule deer hunt in Central Oregon. I used my .308 Bellm. Well I took it along just in case! In a couple of weeks I'll be hunting elk here on the Oregon Coast with my new .358 Bellm. I also have a bear tag for the coast. I'm not real sure yet, but I might be going to Texas on a hog hunt in late Jan. or early Feb. [Razz] We'll see!

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
SRH 480 w/285gr Keith for deer/pigs.
SRH 454 w/285gr WFNGC for deer/pig.
475 GNR w/325gr LFNGC for deer/pigs and the 480gr WFNGC on a bison.
And hopefully will try the 500 S/W on something this year. [Big Grin]

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A hog hunt with my 8mm JDJ.

Lee Martin
www.singleactions.com

Posts: 380 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
What ever I'm allowed by law!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be going on a cow elk hunt in a couple of weeks and will be using my 7.82 Patriot center-grip XP and one of my buddies will be using my 284 Win. XP for a bull. For whitetail deer I will use....I'm not for sure yet, but it will likley be the 6.5-284, 250 Sav. Imp.XP's , 260 Rem-MOA Maximum or one of the other two XP's mentioned above. The 6.5-284 and the 250 Sav. Imp. have not experienced big game hunting yet.

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
<wildcat51>
posted
Missouri whitetail with 7 GNR.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Squirrels with a Buckmark/red-dot & Deer with a T/C in either 7mm TCU or 44 mag.... [Big Grin]
So far, one tree rat that died from a lucky 40 yd. shot with my Buckmark, first shot got him through the lungs... [Eek!]
Bulldog...

Posts: 141 | Location: Ruston, Louisiana | Registered: 09 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Already shot an Antelope with my 300 WSM Savage Striker.

Will be hunting Mule/Whitetail Deer with the 300 with my trusty S&W 29 as a backup.

Elk with either the 300 WSM or my 375 JDJ. Depends on the range.

Posts: 71 | Location: Worland, WY | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Turkey, Deer and anything else that i can get out to hunt!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Already did mule deer, but no luck (lots of does)w/ .260 encore. Hope to get out for black bears a bit later w/ the .260 if I am calling, or a 4" ported .44 M-29 if we are using dogs. When the weather gets cold, then it will be coyotes until spring w/ .223 barrel on the encore.

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, fox/coyote, and whitetails. All with my contender. I use a .22 LR barrel for the squirrels, rabbits and coons, and a .222 for foxes. For deer, I shoot a .44 mag.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Everything! use my Contenders almost exclusively for my big game hunts. Used a 7-30 Waters in Wyoming a couple weeks ago for a nice buck antelope and a couple freezer does. Have a cow elk hunt coming up and will use the 45-70 barrel for that and then in December have a Coues hunt and will use my 10" 7 TCU barrel as I am going to pack in and need to keep it light.