New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipe-Out
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I been hearing about this stuff called Wip-Out for awhile now, so I checked 'em out.
Haven't used the product yet but after talking with Terry over there I am now the Left Coast Dealer for him.
I should have a little product in by the end of the week. Looks like prices will be..
Wipe_out..$13.99
Flush-out..$11.99
Postage Paid of course.

Check it out here
http://www.paulcousa.com/wipeout.htm

I have a couple of clean bbls I am going to try this on as soon as I get it. I'll let you know how it does.

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that Terry Paul, also the Norma importer.

Wanna start something in the pond? Terry Paul's wife was a Bellm..... no close relationship, and her brother Terry Bellm works in quality control at Sierra bullets. I have met Terry Paul and Terry Bellm in Missouri.

If the word gets out, maybe The Great One will ban all Norma, Wipe Out, and Sierra products.

Good thing my genes aren't more widely dispersed. Haven't checked to make sure no one by the name of Bellm or related to one works at TC. I'd have to change my last name if they did, and then what would The Great One shoot?

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back on the subject, Terry was supposed to send me a can of wipe out a couple years ago, but never did. Let me know how it works. I am still interested in it. He made some pretty tall claims for it.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mike-
I understand his guns don't sport the name brand anymore. That's 'cause all the manufacturers are rushing out to send their newest gizmos -- all, of course, personally engraved with "The Great One"

Posts: 9353 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One and the same. We talked abit about a guy called Mike Bellm, he's gonna e-mail you, and also talked about getting a deal on some bullets from his brother inlaw who works for one of these bullet places, tho I did not hear anything about Norma (hmm)
Small world eh?
You could change your name to something like
Melvin MellB
Wes

[ 07-16-2002, 13:46: Message edited by: KTS1 ]

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Sounds like interesting stuff! I'll see if I can procure some and try it out [Big Grin]

[ 07-16-2002, 13:52: Message edited by: Sean HHI #7364 ]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wes, I sort of lost track of Terry. He made some business move, change of name or something, some time back. But he at least was the Norma importer at the time I met him.

As for deals on bullets, we have Nosler over here at Bend, OR, and I understand they sell their seconds like Sierra does at a discount. I have never been over to Nosler, but have bought seconds at Sierra. By and large, you will have a hard time telling them from firsts.

When they fire up a machine, they have to run so many bullets before the machine's temperature stabilizes at operating temperatures. Ie., the bullets from a cold machine apparently are enough different from those made later after the machines warm up to warrant relegating them to the "seconds" buckets. It is not that they are not good bullets, they are just different from what follows later, so they don't mix them.

If I changed my name to Mellb, think anyone would make the connection?

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya, I knew about the Noslers. You have to go to the factory to get the seconds, no phone sales.
All my life I've lived in Oregon and 21 years in the same place here, I have never been to the Nosler factory {2hrs away) or Leupolds either and thier only about 45 mins down the road.

I would imagine one or two peoples would probably figure out who MellB was but, then really Mike, Do we care?? [Big Grin] Besides, it has a nice ring to it hehe

Wes

[ 07-18-2002, 15:05: Message edited by: KTS1 ]

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
I have been using W-out for several months now. It is all that and more! Check the threads in the reloading forum. I tried most of the stuff out there Sweats., Butch's, Shooters Choice and Kroil, Wipe-out gets the copper out with out brushing...the application takes some getting used to as it is the consistency of shaving cream and it expands rapidly....easy to blast out a little too much. There has been one or two claims of stock finish damage but I have not found that to be the case.
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote