THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took the big plunge ........ LASER SURGERY !!!
 Login/Join

<Fisher>
posted
Well guys, I finally did It. I had laser surgery on my eyes [Cool] [Cool] . I'm waiting for things to heal up a bit before I see how it affects my shooting and hunting. It is quite amazing how much things have changed all ready. I've worn glasses for 40 years. So to not have to wear them now is simply amazing. They say that my sight will continue to improve over the next 30 days. Once they settle down I will take some pistols and rifles with sights and scoped and see how the old peepers are working.

Anyone else have any experience with laser surgery and shooting yet ?

one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
No I don't have any experience with laser surgery, but am very interested to know how things work out for you, I'd like to have it done myself......please keep us updated.
Mark

Posts: 412 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had it done myself last april. Best investment I'd ever made! I had worn glasses for 21 years and was considered legally blind without my specs. Decided to have both eye's done at the same time took about 3 months for my vision to level off. Had to have right eye redone 9 months later but now everything is perfect. The main thing I found was to research who was doing the work first. Was scared s--- less at first but it went as smooth as a reworked VV trigger. Man I don't miss those rainy days or the misty days either. You'll be amazed that after a few months you could never imagine wearing glasses again. [Smile]

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
Goldfinger: "This is an industrial laser Mr. Bond"

James Bond: "You expect me to "talk" Goldfinger?"

Goldfinger: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

[Big Grin]

Seriously, Glad it worked out for you. Best of luck with your "new" eyeballs.

Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had LASIK surgery done 2 yaers ago last month.
Prior to surgery I was 20/400 and 20/200. Since I like to canoe and kayak I was always afraid of my glasses coming off in an upset.

I had tried the contacts years ago but working around cars everyday the dust and dirt were killers.

Results:-) The week after surgery I had bionic eyes! 20/15 in both!!! I went camping with my Boy Scout Troop out in West Texas in the Davis Mountains that same week. I saw goats on the side the mountains up on a cliff and everyone said I was crazy...They got the binocs out and yes there were 12 goats they could not see.
As a result 3 other Scout Leaders have had it done.
The results 2 years latter...Some change I am going in on the 30th for a exam. Last year I was 20/20 and 20/25. Still a great improvement. I hate to say it but I am now around 20/30 so glasses are needed for shooting.

I would do it again if need be.

Ken

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Best $1000 i ever spent!! [Big Grin]

Vision in my left eye (dominate eye) is still 20/15 after 2+ years. My right is about 20/20.

My eyes were so bad and they had to remove so much material that i can NEVER have it done again but my eyes will never be that bad again!!

No problems with shootin scopes OR iron sights....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a side note to my proceedure, I noticed several years ago a small blerb in the NRA Rifleman that The Laser Center Inc. who did mine was offering a discount to NRA members.

I followed up on it and it was $500/eye!!!
Wow that Life Membership more than paid for itself on the cost of the surgery. The surgery was still over $1,000 per eye but well worth it!

One of the other Scout Leaders went in and ask if they still gave the discount and they said yes and with no other questions took it off his proceedure and never ask for ID or membership.
He did go ahead and join the NRA with the money he saved.

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote