New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old style SSK rings?
 Login/Join

<Dave Iams>
posted
I just up-dated my barrel collection with a 375JDJ 12" with a full-lenght TSOB. It came with 3-rings. They are the old style that the top half comes off at angle's and the base has a slot cut into it. I would love to get "one" more to mount on my barrel.(or another for my 30/40 barrel) I know that they quit making these, just thought that someone might have some lying around gathering dust. I'm going to Pa. to hunt so if I don't get back to you soon ,I'll get back ASAP. Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave

I believe the rings are made/sold by Bushnell. I saw them listed in my last Midsouth or DNR catalog but only in blue finish.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
GH,

The old look rings are "pictured" in the DR Sports catalog but what you get is the vertical split type like the new JDJ rings.

The "Custom Scope Mounts" company has a very nice ring in the horizontal split type.(standard) They are wider by about an 1/8" than standard rings and afford greater grip. They are made of a high strength, extruded aluminum alloy so don't require any lapping when mounted on a Weaver base. The clamping wedge is very strong also. The "silver" finish matches stainless guns quite well and they are also available matte and gloss "black" finish. They are about $13 a pair if I remember correctly.

All in all a very nice, quality ring for the money.

I have 4 on a Contender Marlin chambered barrel and they HOLD. They also have a somewhat low profile like the Bushnells (old style).

Only issue is that with the wider stance, you can have some space limitations in a 3 or 4 ring setup on some scopes with end bells.

Regards