New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction with Contenders included May 3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was told today that there will be an auction at Roseburg, OR, May 3. Since there are quite a few of us Contender and Encore folks up here in this vicinity, I thought I'd pass the word on.

I am not much into buying and selling the factory stuff, but it could be a chance for Pacific Northwest "reunion." Roseburg is less than an hour north of us. Let me know. mike@bellmtcs.com

I just looked it up..... WOW..... quite an auction.... two days. 700 guns.... how many Contenders, I did not look to see, but they are listed. Plus tons of components, scopes, reloading stuff. This was one man's estate, btw. Musta died with a big smile on his face.

Take a look!

http://www.i-5auctions.com/

Mike

[ 04-27-2003, 02:28: Message edited by: Mike Bellm ]

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Davit_M
posted Hide Post
Mike & Others,

Wow!! [Eek!] I browsed the list and observed at least 7 or 8 Contenders, including both blue & stainless, frames only and complete guns, most of which are NIB. I wish I lived reasonably close. Someone might just pick up a bargain or two.

Dave

Posts: 146 | Location: Montana - Big Sky Country | Registered: 04 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are planning to go up to Roseburg, OR to preview the auction, then decide whether to go back for the auction itself, which is supposed to run both Saturday and Sunday as I understand it. From the description of the 700 plus guns and all the related ammo, components, and gear in general, it should be quite an event.

Given that Roseburg is not in a metropolitan area, I would not expect a lot of local competition, but it is a large enough auction that it should pull folks from well outside the area.

It will be interesting to see what happens. May be well worth travelling some distance for.

If any of you think you might go there and want to rendevous, email me: mike@bellmtcs.com

It would be a great time for all of us to get acquainted with fellow TC shooters!

One fellow has family in Roseburg, and I am waiting to hear back from him for a suggested rendevous point for either lunch or supper.... supper would probably be best rather than interrupt a fine day of gun stuff browsing, right?

Sounds like a very interesting event. Could be quite profitable also.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We will go to the auction preview this Friday afternoon, and as stated in the Newsletter I just sent out, I am waiting for suggestions for a restaurant for us TC shooters to rendevous at for supper Friday evening (May 2).

If you will be there and want to meet for supper, please suggest a restaurant, and I will notify others where and when to meet.

If you are coming, email me:

mike@bellmtcs.com so we can get coordinated.

This sounds like quite an affair, and as noted above by Davit_M there are a number of Contenders in the pot of 700 plus rifles, shotguns, and handguns, along with 690,000 rounds of ammo, 180,000 bullets, and accessory items.

The auction is at the Fairgrounds, which is right along I-5, easy to get to.

Here is the url for the auction again:

http://www.i-5auctions.com/

Looks pretty interesting...

Hope to see some of you there.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wish I was close, I'd like to go to it. I'd like to pick up a few more boxes of Nosler SB bullets. Looks like there might be some there for sale.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote