THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Countdown to Prairie Dog Hunt.....34 Hours to Go!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys,
A good friend has invited me to go on a 3 day guided pd hunt in NW KS. At the last minute, I was able to work things out so I could go. [Big Grin] Has been 4-5 years since my last pd hunt and I've really missed it! [Confused] Have never been to KS for pd's, having hunted them only in NW TX. I've spent many long hours at the handloading bench the past two weeks loading rounds. The guide says to bring 400 rounds/day. Hope to take about 1200 rounds, if I can load a few more tonight and tomorrow night. [Roll Eyes] 223 Rem (14" T/C Contender), 221 Fireball (12" VVCG Contender), 257 JDJ (14" SSK Contender) and 22 Rem BR (15" XP-100) will split time equally as main guns; will have a smaller number of rounds for 6X50R Bellm (14" Contender w/ VVCG chambered by Bellm). I hope I have an excellent field report for y'all. [Razz] Thanks for the invite, David. [Cool] Gary T.

[ 06-03-2003, 08:36: Message edited by: Gary T ]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
good luck, and can't wait to hear the report. i'd love to do that! not many pd's in KY. so i've never done it. [Smile]

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
No p-dogs in PA cept for the one that escaped from the cage i had him in! [Frown] I never seen him again so i guess sumpin got him. As mean as he was, cannot imagine that a dog or cat would get the better of him, LOL!

Good Luck!! Shoot lots for us easterners....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
<SD Handgunner>
posted
Gary T you're killin me. It has been a couple years since I have been out to shoot some Prairie Dogs. I thought I was going to make it out again this year, but it is not to be.

You should be well armed from the looks of things.

Good luck on the hunt, and I hope you do not bring any ammo back home.

Larry

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Gary-
Good luck on the hunt. It's been several years now since I've hunted the little critters. But they certainly are fun -- and challenging -- to hunt. If KS is anything like the places I have hunted prairie dogs, this time of year will be a stern test of your wind-doping abilities.

I can't wait to read of your exploits...

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote