New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn, Just bought another frame
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know,I know, I said I had enough Contender frames but I'm weak and I just bought another.
I just can't stand to see them barrels sitting alone.
Well, It looks like it's time to do another trigger job. I guess the S&W custom shop will just have to wait again. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd buy another one of I could find one worth the price. Guess I should have jumped on som more back when the encore came oout, and used contenders abound.
Last one I got a nice deal... after I sold off the barrels and grips and stuff I didn;t want in the first place, the frame cost me $65 Wish I could score at least one more of those.

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Jules,

Believe me, I know the Framitis bug!!! [Big Grin]

What is the job you are thinking of sending out to the S&W custom shop?

I am thinking of having my 6" 19 refinished somewhere, but am not sure where such could be done that is close and not too expensive.

The Herrett target grips I will refinish myself, but I was thinking of some all weather tough finish for the gun. Any thoughts? [Confused]

-

-

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Hey Sean,

How about Robar?? They have several finishes that would look good and they all are weather resistant. [Wink]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Mike,

AYE, but are they reasonably priced? Well, I'll just have to look into them!

Thanks for the suggestion [Big Grin]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sean have you considered Tripp research's Cobra Chrome, the will do a revolver for $150 I think (and that seem pretty resonable to me). Their website is www.trippresearch.com they offer other finishes too, I haven't used them before but I think I'm going to let them chrome my 1911.

Gordon

Posts: 4 | Location: Columbus, MS | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean HHI #7364:
Mike,

AYE, but are they reasonably priced? Well, I'll just have to look into them!

Thanks for the suggestion [Big Grin]

Sean, They are a little high priced but do excellent work! When i was in the gun business, i had a few guns done for customers. The finish was always prefect......

Good Luck! [Wink]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
Jules,

I'll take a wild guess and say you got to Melvin before I did. LOL!

Enjoy it at any rate and shut that printing press off for a while. [Wink]

Regards

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Jules...I just checked with Guns America and they think it was your surfing for TC components that crashed their server.... [Eek!] [Eek!] [Razz]
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean HHI #7364:
Jules,

Believe me, I know the Framitis bug!!! [Big Grin]

What is the job you are thinking of sending out to the S&W custom shop?

I am thinking of having my 6" 19 refinished somewhere, but am not sure where such could be done that is close and not too expensive.

The Herrett target grips I will refinish myself, but I was thinking of some all weather tough finish for the gun. Any thoughts? [Confused]

-

-

Sean, I'm not getting any work on my guns. This is what i'm after.>>>>>
http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/M629PCfullsz.jpg

And This>>>
http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/vcomp45acp_large.jpg

And This>>>
http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/pc4006shorty40_large.jpg

[ 07-23-2002, 00:41: Message edited by: Jules ]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave & Headstamp,
I just can't help myself. I, I, I, I don't know what else to say. [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

<Headstamp>
posted
Sean,

Give Metaloy a call and see what he says. I'm not sure how heavy into it they get with regard to disassembling the gun.

Speaking just from my own experience, stay away from the Teflon Gun Kote type coatings.

Regards