THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a "handgun" by you way of thinkin?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
This is posted at the following link > http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000621

quote:
Originally posted by Jesse Jaymes:
I'd like to throw the 2 cents on a couple of points. With handles like recoiljunky and 5shot, you guys probably know what you're talking about. I can attest that a jackrabbit sitting in the flats with a high sun is dead meat at 100 yards, as opposed to a jack sitting in his form with ears back and looking like a grey football. The front sight is much harder to focus on.

I also think many people don't learn the art of handgunning well enough that don't live out West, or atleast another area void of houses and filled with vermin. This is the only time I'll admit it, but I was a former 'Yank. You just can't get the practice you need in populated areas, the so called "woods", or your local range. Too many people buy a revolver, burn a box or two at chipmunks, eventually hit one at 10 feet, and are instantly a "handgun hunter". I know, cause that's how I used to be. Until you get to judge range, actually see bullet drop/dope, and practice with it, it just doesn't compare.

In New Mexico, one can shoot 50 rounds an evening at Jacks and stretch the ranges a bit and get real world senarios. I honestly don't care if I clip jackrabbits by pushing my effective range limits and the leg comes off. A hit is a hit, although it tells me I missed the main vitals of a deer and to keep practicing or limit my range 10 yards shorter. I've got a dog that runs down the cripples and finishes them off anyhow.

I'll finish with stating that a 100 yard soda can is a dream for me. Maybe 1 out of 5 rounds, but it would have to be lit up and wide open. I am still not even a "good" handgun shot. The ability to shoot a handgun accurately is a fading art. And if a handgun wears a scope it's no longer a handgun, as it has lost all admirable properties which dub it a hand gun.

Sell three crappy handguns and buy a Freedom Arms. Believe me.

Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with this??

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I agree for I lived in NE Colorado 30 years ago and carried a Ruger 41 Mag always when I wasn't on the job. Thought nothing about shooting 50 rounds a day at jackrabbits or PD's. The more chance you have to use it the better you get. I wouldn't take anything for my scoped contenders but do remember having a ball with iron sights on a Ruger 41 mag.

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've said before, that I feel that a "handgun" is something you can stick in a holster on your belt, carry around, and forget it's there. Something you can shoot with one hand. Scoped revolvers and single shots qualify as "something other than". I've also noted that I didn't start hunting with a (scoped) "handgun" for the extra challange, but rather because it was easier than hunting with the shotgun. I was cheating.
As much fun as I had shooting a scoped revolver at one time, and as much as I love my Contenders for tagets and hunting, I don't consider it "handgun hunting". It's close... if I can stand up and shoot it with one hand... it's close. But it's not. And if it's somethig I CAN'T do that with.. it's not even close.

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I gotta go against the flow here and dissagree.
If it's handheld it's a handgun in my opinion. [Big Grin] There are many classes of handguns though, S/S pistols, revolvers, scoped or steel sights.Ya just gotta lovem all though.
I dought I'll ever be as good as most of you guy's in the US though, being from Canada I have to drive 30 miles to get to a 20 yard range and 60 mile to get to a 200 yard range. If we want to be legal here we can only shoot our handguns on an approved government range. After all our government knows best right [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Mad] [Mad]
You guys don't realize how lucky you are to be able to shoot handguns whenever you want. Enjoy whatever gun you prefer to call a handgun and don't let your government screw up your gun laws like our government did to ours

Mike

PS I preffer Contenders myself.

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
In my opinion people start these discussions about what is a handgun just to get responses or to get people fired up.
It matters not one iota what a handgun is to me except to myself. It is what I spend my money for, what I want, and what I want to shoot.
I own both the Encore, contender, revolvers and Semi-auto's. I like revolvers the best but I also love my single-shots. I do not consider the single-shot any less of a handgun.
If we use compactness as a guide than some of the long-barreled revolvers are not handguns. If anyone remembers Dick Casull sported 12 inch 454's. Is that a compact gun? He wanted velocity. He got it with the 12 inch monstrosities. Some use the rifle cartridge ploy saying that can't be a handgun if it uses a rifle cartridge BUT will buy a 475 Linebaugh, 500 Linebaugh, in both lengths and call them a handgun cartridge when they both are MODIFIED rifle cartridges. A 500 S&W is a slightly smaller diameter 500 max so it is derived from a rifle cartridge no matter what S&W says.
All this leads to me is down the road to arguments and division among shooters which we don't need.
If we want to use the basics lets shoot rifles without scopes, lever action or single shot, chambered for rifle cartridges only, longbows or recurves, 4inch revolvers with iron sights that has a cartridge that was designed strictly as a handgun cartridge, drink whiskey straight, and only fattening beer. (no Lite)
Remember as long as you pay for your toys it is your business what you buy and one shouldn't have to defend what they buy to a group of busybodies trying to meddle in your business.
Shoot your single-shots and revolvers and be happy that we have the freedom to buy what we want so far.

[ 05-16-2003, 22:44: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
 -
I consider these all handguns suitable for handgun hunting. In my opinion, just because I need to put a scope on them, makes them no less of a handgun. Is a scoped rifle still a rifle?

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Mikehjd..... half the guns posted on and about on this board aren't "hand held." I have nothing against them, I have 'em and love 'em too, but I can't fool myself into thinking it's the same thing.

I'm sorry.... sawing the stock off a rifle and bolting it to the botom of the forend does not a handgun make.

These guns with big giant forends and oversized grips, with rifle scopes aren't hand held. Shooting one of them aint much different than shooting a rifle prone without touching the stock. By this broad definition everyone loves, rifles are handguns too.
Now there's a good postal match.. the "pick it up and shoot it" match.

( I can shoot plenty of rifles accurately, standing one handed... they're still rifles.)

Meplat... I can put my 500 Linebaugh in my front pants pocket and have most of the gun concealed. That 500 S&W on the other hand... oooh doggie. Other than the 4" one, that's about as far from center as you can get witout crossing the line. [Smile]
I stil say.. if you can't fire it comfortably (and semi accurate) off hand and/or with one hand....

[ 05-17-2003, 02:32: Message edited by: cas ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's what ever the FEDS call it that counts PICS

[ 05-17-2003, 04:41: Message edited by: Pokerplayer ]

Posts: 261 | Location: SW MO | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MePlat:
In my opinion people start these discussions about what is a handgun just to get responses or to get people fired up.

Nope, i was curious if anyone/everyone else thought this way.

quote:
It matters not one iota what a handgun is to me except to myself. It is what I spend my money for, what I want, and what I want to shoot.

Agreed. I consider it HANDGUN HUNTING when I use any of them�.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
CAS: First off who said the single shots can't be fired off hand. If they can't I must be doing something that should be in the record book then. I do maybe 98 percent of my shooting off hand. Bullseye shooting is where one does shooting off hand one handed unless one is trying to impress someone by firing a 500 Linebaugh one handed a lot.I still say that posts like the first one is done to get something going or to stirr up the locals.
Let everyone shoot what he or she wants to shoot and don't worry about the other shooters.

What are people trying to do get others peoples approval to shoot whatever they like?

Sorta like if someone doesn't like the way I look they can look the other way.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are people trying to do get others peoples approval to shoot whatever they like?

Sorta like if someone doesn't like the way I look they can look the other way.

quote:

Nope, i was curious if anyone/everyone else thought this way.

I answered that once for you. I REALLY am curious if the majority of handgunners believe that they arent using a handgun. It just doenst make sense to me that using anything other than a revolver, even though they are handheld and lack a buttstock, is not shooting a handgun. A handgun is a handgun. Revolvers are one type of handgun, i think that is what most are confused by or refuse/fail to realize. Handgun Hunting would INCLUDE all handguns not just revolvers......

EDIT: I could really care less what others think about MY choices in handguns!!

[ 05-17-2003, 10:51: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

<MePlat>
posted
MSSMAGNUM

"Some part of my response that you don�t understand"?
Oh, I understand it perfectly. If you have been on any of these forums you already know the kind of responses you will receive. Of course I will give you the benefit of the doubt and take your word on it.
You seem like a good guy.
After all you do shoot a single shot.
I still would like to know who said a singleshot couldn't be shot offhand.
Now that is a person that I am sure is the absolute most intellegent human being I know.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still would like to know who said a singleshot couldn't be shot offhand.

Welp, that wouldnt be me as MOST of my shooting is STILL done offhand. I do enjoy bench shooting now (never did in the past) but still do the majority of my varminting/hunting shooting offhand. The pic of the dead chuck below with my XP was the first "hog" it killed, that shot was made offhand, (if my memory serves me) it was about 40 yards and that is a 10x Burris, one of the toughest close range shots i ever made in my life, LOL! [Big Grin]

EDIT: I toned down that last post of mine a litte and added a explaination. Been hangin out in the "political" forum lately and i seem to get a lil too blunt, LOL! [Wink]

[ 05-17-2003, 11:16: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Please pardon my borrowing your photo...

Ok kids.... spot the handgun.
 -
 -

Hmm... that's a tough one... which is the handgun... well... one of them does have a Rifle scope on it, so maybe it's thhe other one? [Big Grin]

My favorite part of this discussion (and why I like it so much) is ALWAYS the people who get upset. We're going one way with the discussion and they run off at 180� with "I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT! I'LL SHOOT WHATEVER I WANT! I'LL CALL IT WHATEVER I WANT!!! I PAYED FOR IT"!.. blah blah.. These folks are really missing the whole point. Nobody cares what you do or what you call it. Geeze.. lighten up. Strap a toaster to your head and call yourself a windmill.. we don't care. No ones trying to stop you from doing anything either.

As to my point about handguns being fired ne handed, or off hand. I never said single shot couldn't be fired off hand. I shoot mine that way as well as rested. But we've all seen gun with rest type grips, and huge forends that look like a 4x6" with a barrel channel and a 24x rifle scope. We all know they're not shooting them off hand (and who cares). But you can't get any farther from a true "handgun" than that.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Well cas, using your description of a handgun then, what do you call that thing you are typing these posts into? Certainly cant call it a computer cause these things sure arent what they were 25 years ago...

Handguns have evolved just like rifles. We have all types of handguns, revolvers, single shots, bench handguns, etc... They ARE all handguns.

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What's date got to do with anything? Single shot pistols pedate most guns, add in the rolling blocks and and all the bolt guns prior to gun control act of '32 (not to mention some law breakers afterwards.) Optics are what changed the game and what kept earlier guns from making it. The Ruger Hawkeye is a god example. Neat design, but the optics back them were "ho-hum" and no one cared.

From a straight shooting perspective now.. I have a 1" step barrel for my contender. 16" long, in 300 Whisper. Custom make forend (custom meaning I made it to fit.. not "cutom" as in fancy [Big Grin] ) With an old Tasco 6x24 rifle scope.
Now I've shot it (at the range) with the carbine stock on and with the pistol grip on. Other than the fact that the stock touched my shoulder, there's no difference in the shooting. Aim the same, shoot the same. Groups are no better with the stock or without it. Do I shoot it with the pistol grip and think to myself... "Man your a good handgun shot"! Nah... I shoot it and think.. "Man this is silly." It's not fish nor fowl.

I have 16" contenders. No.. I don't shoot them off hand much or onr hand. But I CAN and have. Big bench guns are creatures unto themself, not handgun or rifle. "Pifles" as one friend calles them.

I just love how everyone get defensive. In a "Methinks doth does protest too much" kind of way.

[ 05-17-2003, 22:50: Message edited by: cas ]

<MePlat>
posted
Cas wrote: I just love how everyone get defensive. In a "Methinks doth does protest too much" kind of way.

I love it. Let get something else going. Lets start the "What is wrong with the 458 Win Mag" thing again. I have two of them but I'll admit that they aren't much in the way of power.
Hey maybe we could start the: Is the 45/70 lever action suitable for the Big Five"? thing. I'm sure no one has ever heard anything about these subjects.
Just to be safe I back up my 458 and 45/70 with a handy, iron sighted, short barreled 22 rimfire revolver. Now that is a real handgun.

[ 05-17-2003, 23:38: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
MSS stir somthing up, NOT. [Razz]

As far as to the question Mike,

All of my "handguns" have a variety of barrel lengths, shapes and calibers, for the most part a bottle neck cartridge, for the most. Also most of them sport some type of scope.

Now a pistol is what I would call a side arm that could be carried in a holster of some type. Barrel length, hmmmmmmm......... maybe around 5- 6 1/2" max, just for comfort.

So I guess what I am getting at is the same as "carbine" "rifle", "musket".

BTW, some of the guys I used to deer hunt with dubbed my TC's "pocket rifle". Out of the 5 of us that hunted together, they would put their rifles up when I drug a TC or two out at the range [Big Grin] [Wink] .
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
MSSMAGNUM purposely trying to stir something up? I don't really know, but lets look at the math. He has 730 posts on Accuratereloading.com. I have 110. Now that doesn't count what he has posted on other forums. Unless he was just brain dead at the time, doesn't reads posts by other people, has had comp troubles and never got to see the other posts by people on here bashing singleshots, or some other problems maybe there is just only one other thing it could be. Guess what it is. He already knew the answer before he asked.
As dumb as I am I am not going to ask such questions myself unless I am going to try to stir up something.
I also know not to ask the questions about the 458 Mag and the 45/70.
Another question not to ask is : "Are cast bullets suitable for dangerous game?"
If it is asked you will get the little gods in an uproar for sure.
Not saying anything bad about MSSMAGNUM at all. I am sure he is a swell guy and I would like to see and shoot his 405 but even swell guys can be a little stinky at times.

[ 05-18-2003, 03:43: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Well.... again.. what's one got to do with the other?

jsh... for me it's not so much about barrel , though calling an XP with a 23 inch barrel a handgun would be pushing it a big. [Smile] For me it's about how much extra lumber is on there and over sized rifle scopes I guess. Both making it let portable and packable. Handguns should be handy.

[ 05-18-2003, 05:59: Message edited by: cas ]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
MSSMAGNUM purposely trying to stir something up? I don't really know, but lets look at the math. He has 730 posts on Accuratereloading.com. I have 110. Now that doesn't count what he has posted on other forums. Unless he was just brain dead at the time, doesn't reads posts by other people, has had comp troubles and never got to see the other posts by people on here bashing singleshots, or some other problems maybe there is just only one other thing it could be. Guess what it is. He already knew the answer before he asked.
As dumb as I am I am not going to ask such questions myself unless I am going to try to stir up something.

I actually have well over 1500 posts, lost over 800 when this site went down. If wanting an opinion from the majority here is trying to �start something�, then by damn, I guess you are right!!

quote:
Not saying anything bad about MSSMAGNUM at all. I am sure he is a swell guy and I would like to see and shoot his 405 but even swell guys can be a little stinky at times.

Seems to me your questioning of my posting this subject, from your first post, that this has gotten under your skin. Feel free not to stop back�.I am looking for opinions of the post, not of my personality.

<MePlat>
posted
CAS: If you can't figure it out I don't know how to explain it to you.
Wait a minute maybe I can. Everyone has an opinion on everything right? Nothing wrong with that but it comes down to bashing each other and what they have. Everyone knows what a handgun is. Any doofus can look at a Contender, Encore or XP-100 and tell it is a handgun. I bet even some uneducated, unread, individual that hasn't even fired a gun if showed a pic of either gun I mentioned would say it is a pistol. Now there are variations on handguns based on what people wants to do with them such as bench rest shooting and etc. To lump all single shot pistols in the benchrest or non handgun catagory is like saying all rifles are benchrest rifles.. We know this isn't true.
Sure there are far out handguns but there are far out rifles and shotguns too. Look at the high rib on a certain perrazi that use to be manufactured years ago for trap. It had a rib that stuck up like a sore thumb but it was still a shotgun.
Just because there are some far out single shot handguns doesn't make them any less of a handgun any more than a far out rifle makes it not a rifle.
My single shot handguns are not far out except maybe in caliber. Maybe that is the reason I feel the way I do.. I have never had even the dumbest person at the range I go to say that is a fine rifle you have there.
Now if one wants to discuss the qualities they like in a handgun fine like light weight, short barrel, easy packing and etc. But I think we can all agree that that is what we like in a handgun not what a handgun is.
AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE I AM A REVOLVER GUY FIRST AND FORMOST BUT I CONSIDER MY SINGLESHOTS HANDGUNS TOO. THEY DON'T HAVE THE HANDLING QUAILITIES OF A GOOD REVOLVER BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM ANY LESS A HANDGUN.
Next time your at the range ask the people that come to shoot what you've got a rifle or a handgun when you have one of your single shots there shooting it and let me know how many say it is a rifle.
I bet even the biggest moron that frequents the range will say a handgun. Maybe not a handy, easily packed handgun but a handgun.

[ 05-18-2003, 06:24: Message edited by: MePlat ]

<MePlat>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by MSSmagnum:
quote:

I actually have well over 1500 posts, lost over 800 when this site went down. If wanting an opinion from the majority here is trying to �start something�, then by damn, I guess you are right!!

quote:

Seems to me your questioning of my posting this subject, from your first post, that this has gotten under your skin. Feel free not to stop back�.I am looking for opinions of the post, not of my personality.

Now MSSMAGNUM who has gotten under whose skin now. I have never been smart butt with you in the whole deal.
Sure it gets under my skin when bashing starts but I try to keep my cool.
Your last post says alot about you now.
Glad to find it out.

[ 05-18-2003, 06:34: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn Mike, you have over 1500 posts? I better get on the ball. Maybe I need to stir the pot a bit [Wink] I'm good at dat [Big Grin]

[ 05-18-2003, 06:41: Message edited by: Jules ]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now MSSMAGNUM who has gotten under whose skin now. I have never been smart butt with you in the whole deal.
Sure it gets under my skin when bashing starts but I try to keep my cool.
Your last post says alot about you now.
Glad to find it out.

You HAVE, from your very first post, questioned my motive on this topic. I personally could care less if you care for me or my motives. You have NOT gotten under my skin, I would just prefer to keep on topic and have stated so several times.

I will once again state, if you feel I am �trolling� feel free to not stop back�

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
Damn Mike, you have over 1500 posts? I better get on the ball. Maybe I need to stir the pot a bit [Wink] I'm good at dat [Big Grin]

Well Jules, i do have over a year on ya here! [Razz]

<MePlat>
posted
Everyone go to handgunhunt.com and read the article: "Just Do It" and see the game this guy shot with his rifles. Too bad he didn't use a handgun.

[ 05-18-2003, 07:23: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There are no black and whites. No YES nad NO in the world. "Is or it aint".
Here either. If you can't tell or admit that these things are "in between" then there's something wrong.

<MePlat>
posted
CAS: Sorta like an El Camino right? Or a Savage over under 22 and 410 right? Sorta like an openfaced spinner reel and a closed face right? Maybe like a tangelo or someother hybrid type vegetable or fruit. Maybe the old saying neither fish nor fowl.
I getcha now. Lets just call them firearms; hows that.
Have you found anyone at the range that has called your singleshot handguns rifles yet? Let me know.
Yea that sounds good firearms. Want to argue that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
But what would you call a shotgun with a pistol grip.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
Jules: I would call it a firearm what would you call it.
What would you call a white person and a black person? I would call them human beings wouldn't you?
What do you call sour mash and bourbon?

What do you call lager and pilsner?

What do you call a chevy and a ford?

What do you call Glenfiddich and Jonny Walker even if one is blended and one is single malt?

What do you call a shotgun shooting a slug?

Do you want me to go on? I can.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jules: I would call it a firearm what would you call it.
What would you call a white person and a black person? I would call them human beings wouldn't you?
What do you call sour mash and bourbon?

What do you call lager and pilsner?

What do you call a chevy and a ford?

What do you call Glenfiddich and Jonny Walker even if one is blended and one is single malt?

What do you call a shotgun shooting a slug?

Do you want me to go on? I can.

Well I guess you could, being that 50% of your last responce had to do with alcohol [Big Grin] I don't touch that stuff myself.

<MePlat>
posted
Jules: Let me go on for you since you are not into alcohol.

What do you call revolver shooting shot shells

What would you call a rifle shooting a shot shell?

What do you call an Emerson and a Benchmade?

What do you call an Oak, A Hickory, an Elm, and a Willow,

Do you want me to go on now?

[ 05-19-2003, 03:23: Message edited by: MePlat ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want to. Have at it! [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage 24... I call it... my Savage 24.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is indeed an interesting concept. In theory we could do away with all sub divisions or all catagories in general for that matter and just call everything under the sun "thingies" [Roll Eyes] Maybe we need two catagories, one for everything under the sun and one for everything under the "moon". [Wink]

Is this going to be another of those "never ending story" threads? [Eek!] If so, can we do this one with illustrations? [Smile] I have really liked some of the pictures on the other posts [Cool] . I can't tell you which ones though because we don't have catagories anymore [Frown] .

How did a gun post degrade to this [Mad]

You'all be careful with your "thingies" now. [Big Grin]

Mike

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas, USA | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's what I was talking about earlier... someone always wants to grab the ball and run in a crazy dirrection. Dunno. [Smile]

<MePlat>
posted
On a serious note sure I grabbed the ball and ran in a crazy direction. But the way I look at it is this: Whenever one of these posts come up they end up in a degrading flood of comments about people who shoot and use Contenders Encores, and XP-100's and scoped revolvers.
Does it really matter what they are called? We are all shooters and try to help keep the shooting sports alive.
If we believe in the basics than we believe in the basics. I don't remember any posts anywhere about people using scopes on a rifle, rifles chambered for flat shooting cartridgs and so forth. Why not? Evidentally there is a double standard for rifle people and handgun people in the world.
MSSMAGNUN knew what he was doing; he was trying to start something so I gave him something. Why would anyone want to open the doors to subtle degrading remarks from the true tradionalist I don't know? Every post on this subject turns out to be a degrading barrage of remarks to belittle the singleshot user or scoped revolver user. Then when someone has enough and gets irritated people say what is wrong with him? I can take others opinions as well as the next guy but it gets old after awhile. I thought we were on here to lift up each other and not run each other down because of what he or she uses. That is what this post would have lead too.
In the quoted writing of the first post by MSSMAGNUM the writer said: "And if a handgun wears a scope it's no longer a handgun, as it has lost all admirable properties which dub it a hand gun." Wonder what he thinks of a singleshot with a scope or if a 14 inch Contender with iron sights is ok?
Well I hope we all conform to the rules of the Handgun Police and don't do anything illegal now.

one of us
posted Hide Post
can we do this one with illustrations? [Smile]

Mike,

I really like the post VVDave did once, the guy beating the horse with the stick. That one really cracks me up.

Subtle hint implied,

Posts: 127 | Location: Dover, NH, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
 -