Find
Notify
Tools

OT: First Day in PA Tomorrow!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
I sighted in the 41mag 10" EA Brown barrel at 100 yards with Sierra's 170JHC. I wouldnt want to be a buck within 150 yards of my stand tomorrow! [Big Grin]

-

I hope to be postin pics tomorrow night!! [Wink]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Go get'em Mike!
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WELL, at least you took the best looking gun of the three above to hunt with! Good luck Mike, looking forward to some pic's. I am getting tired of waiting on one from Dennis [Razz] .
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

If i would have had the time to work loads out for the 7tcu Competitor it would have gone. Since i didnt i take the ole standby!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Mike. Here's hoping you'll be sharing a story and some photos with us soon...

Posts: 9341 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good luck mike !!!
yes send pictures !!!
buckweet

Posts: 302 | Location: clinton mo. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
<SD Handgunner>
posted
Good luck Mike. I sure hope your season goes better than mine did.

Larry

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Well, here is a pic of the 10 point that got away, FROM ME!! I got a shot at this guy from about 80-90 yards and he was running. He jumped a deadfall just as the hammer dropped. I did take a second shot at him when he stopped about 150 yards out but all i killed was limbs of the trees on the way to him..... [Frown] Fortunately my buddy was there to catch him when he stopped to look back! [Big Grin] One doe is his and the other is his sons.

-
(sorry the pic is so crappie, got some moisture on the lens)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Killed the whole family hugh? [Eek!] That's what i'm talkin bout. [Wink]
Hey! Kinda looks like 3 dead deer lookin for a 4 leaf clover [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<SD Handgunner>
posted
Congratulations. Looks like you guys will be eatin good this winter.

Larry

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Darn Mike you make it look easy!!! [Big Grin]
Congats on the deer!
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
Mike,

Congrats on the deer!

Seeing that tractor brings back some fond memories of past hunts up in Columbia county NY on a 59 acre farm we used to hunt.

We called it our "deer recovery unit" [Big Grin]

That year I shot a HUGE doe with the Contender carbine in 35 Rem. That deer had about a 3/8" fat layer on top of it's skin. They ate good up there.

Best to you. Mail me some jerky if you get a chance. [Wink]

Regards

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I hope to get out again saturday for my OWN trophy, LOL! [Big Grin]