Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Storage. Choices?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents,
I am looking for a way to store my barrel's without the hassle of the hard side case I am currently using. I really don't care for the other method I have used,,ie; leaving them laid out on a shelf. Dusty dirty barrels and scopes don't really appeal to me either. I have several 10" and several 16" barrels now and I would rather have clean barrels and dust free scope objectives. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Check out these units from ON TARGET TECHNOLOGIES. I have used the cradle for the contender, mostly to work on barrels, mounting scopes, etc... but they work great for storage!

-

Click Here to check em out > OTT Store

HTH,

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you like me are economically consious, cheap, you can make one yourself. I got some scrap cedar from my father in law and made a rack similar to a rod rack. It has 4 2" wide slots. In order to keep the barrels hanging between the slots I cut 4 3" piecies of 3/8" dowl rod. I would slide through the hing pin hole then use one of my daughters ponytail pieces, real technical term, on either side of the barrel block to keep the dowl from sliding. Left enough of a shelf on top to keep my forends and pistol grip. Works great cost less. [Big Grin]

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you did mention that you wanted dust free,I dont think the rack set up is your answer, but you could allways make a shadow box type of case with a glass door but now were talking gun cabinet.do what I do and use a sock,its cheap and it keeps the dust off you barrel and scope,you can also buy these I think there called bore stores or something like that. but socks are cheaper

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Thanbks for the input...
racks,glass door cabinets,,and socks.
Maybe a combination of the 1st and last ideas.
I will mull this over for a day or two and maybe some cull mouldings from work will get a real job instead of just twisting into kindling.
Socks, thick wool boot type or tennis shoe tube socks ? Guess I have some research ahead.
Thanks guys.I will post when I get the details worked in. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote