New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excellent Route to .357 Max.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got my Midsouth Shooters Supply catalog yesterday and saw that TC is now producing 12" untapered .357 Mag. barrels...... IDEAL for .357 Max. rechambering! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

10" untapered Max. barrels work well, but I feel 12" is pretty close to ideal for general use. Longer may be faster, but for hunting conditions, 12" is an excellent length, and the untapered barrel handles much, much better than the tapered 10" barrels.

Gotta get my hands on one of these to see if stupidity prevails or if they have finally gotten rid of the "toilet bowl" chambers with the .4" long forcing cone.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
I am auctioning one of Mikes .357 Max rechambers on e-bay right now. It is a 12".

Sorry for the spam, but I put it up last night (US time) before I saw Mike's post here.

The link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31709&item=3601170299&rd=1

one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
Correction, I should say before Mike's post was here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, thanks for the kind words in your ebay auction.

For those that want one of my custom chambers with no wait.... here you go.

.357 Max. is an excellent round, usually quite accurate, pretty close to optimum in the shorter barrels compared to larger capacity cases. Hard to beat for general use.

One comment about the forend screw spacing:
The forend spacing should be the short one which does fit the Pachmayr forend, but if it is the carbine spacing, this is not the same as the Pachmayr. The carbine spacing is longer.

Good luck with your auction.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote