Notify
Tools

7-30 Waters Improved
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted
Hey guys.

I have ordered the 7-30 Waters Improved barrel from Bullberry's "Ready to ship" section on their website. However, I am having a hard time finding dies for this cartridge. Midsouth tells me they don't carry them, and RCBS tells me that they don't make them. Does anyone know where I can get dies for this cartridge?

Thanks,

X

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
X,
Did you ask Fred? He has alot of dies in stock.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Hi Jules:

I didn't talk with Fred, but I spoke with September and Troy. They told me that they didn't have any in stock.

Thanks,

X

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
CH Tool & Die most likely would have em. Check em out at http://www.ch4d.com/ .

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if its improved then you can just fireform to make your brass and then just get a neck sizing 7mm die so that u arent full length sizing, the improved calibers normally dont stretch that much so full lengh sizing isnt needed

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,

Those folks do make them. That'll work! [Big Grin]

Mainer1234,

Seriously? I don't need a FL die? Just a standard 7-30 Waters neck sizing die? What about seating the bullets?

Thanks for the help guys...X

one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding makes two different marked die sets for the 7-30 imp: 7-30 IMP and 7x30-30 IMP. I'm not sure if there is a difference but I have saw both versions. They may have a set on the sheft.

As to using a standard 7-30 Waters neck die, I don't think it will work unless you modify it. You will wind up sizing the top of the case back down to original 7-30 size.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you decide to get a Hornady 7mm neck sizing die, be sure it is labeled 7mm Short. The regular 7mm will not resize the neck enough to hold the bullet. I took a dealer's word that a regular 7mm would work and ended up buying the correct die later.

[ 06-24-2003, 18:15: Message edited by: DennisF ]

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the help guys. I have discovered that it is going to take 3 months to special order a set of dies for the 7-30 Waters Improved. Since I will have to wait three months to get the dies, I decided that I would rather wait for the barrel that I really wanted...the boring old 30-30 Winchester. I really did not want the hassle of forming cases anyway. I talked with the Bullberry folks and they let me change my order.

Well now for the long wait!!!

Thanks again guys...X