New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bullberry barrel arrived
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well my 12" SS 7-30 Waters barrel came yesterday and boy is it a beauty. The only thing wrong with the whole thing is I ordered a 3200 2-6 Bushnell scope and got a 2-6 Trophy. I was a little let down but no biggy I contacted Bullberry to see what happened well September at Bullberry told me I paid for the scope I got and if I wanted the 3200 it would be $70 more. I decided to just keep the Trophy but am just a little let down that somebody didn't catch it in the 4 months they had my order and tried to contact me and let me know of the price miss quote. Now we will just have to see how it shoots.

Mike

Posts: 74 | Location: Jacksonville NC | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you paid for a Trophy scope? Did you have the order done in writing? If you paid for a 3200 make sure you get one.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday also. It was supposed to be a 6mmBr. Turns out the bore is .25 caliber. Don't know how this kind of thing happens. I believe Buckweet had a similar problem a while back. What a pain.

Posts: 46 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Verno:
Got mine yesterday also. It was supposed to be a 6mmBr. Turns out the bore is .25 caliber. Don't know how this kind of thing happens. I believe Buckweet had a similar problem a while back. What a pain.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Verno-
Was it Bullberry who made your barrel?

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Rich the bill/invoice I got says 3200 with a price next to it which seemed really cheap I just didn't know anybetter, I thought maybe thats the price they paid for it as a dealer. The price I paid makes more sense for a Trophy thats why I was saying that you'd of thunk someone in 4 months would of noticed and said something. Oh well I'm happy with the Trophy I guess just disappointed in Bullberry's attention to detail.

Posts: 74 | Location: Jacksonville NC | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby T. Yes it was a BB barrel. They had it in inventory(I hate waiting). So I grabbed it. Like I said I don't know how this particular problem can happen. One bore size labeled another.

Posts: 46 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike72:
Well Rich the bill/invoice I got says 3200 with a price next to it which seemed really cheap I just didn't know anybetter, I thought maybe thats the price they paid for it as a dealer.

Mike
If you have a bill that says 3200 on it then that is what he owes you. It doesn't matter how cheap the scope's price was. I'd hold his feet to the fire if you have it in writing there is no reason for him not to give you what was ordered.If it is his mistake & never notified you he is wrong. Don't let him get away with it ! Demand satisfaction. [Mad]
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Rich I emailed them again we'll just have to see what they say. If they don't want to work it out I will just take my business to VVCG. If they're not willing to work this out I will just return the barrel scope and mounts and take my business elsewhere. I just hope they are willing to work it out cause I don't feel like waiting another 3-4 months for a barrel. Thanks for the advice.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Keep everyone updated in it Please.
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe me I will..

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Verno-
A .25 BR could be interesting, so the mistake could be a blessing in disguise. Then again, the case neck area may not be opened sufficiently, and the rate of twist may be a surprise (and not a pleasant one) as well.

Do keep us posted...

By the way, what length is this barrel?

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Hope you have better luck with them than i did. [Frown]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
I just got my bullberry .257 Roberts back. It was supposed to be matte finished...it was gloss. It was supposed to be free-floated to the hanger bar...it was not I had to take sandpaper and open up the barrel channel by hand. It was supposed to come with a six-hole scope mount...it did not and I was charged for the scope mount. (I called them and they sent one promptly) It was supposed to eject the shells properly or at least I assumed that all new barrels would eject spent cartridges. [Big Grin] Anyway it did not and I had to take the ejector slide out and file down the top of it in order to let the ejector stick up into the chamber enough to grab the rim of the case. And finally, I sent them my factory advantage timber fore-end to be modified to fit their hanger bar system. They made if fit all right but there was a half inch gap between the barrel and the fore-end. They did make me a beautiful fore-end that matched my VVCG laminated buttstock perfectly. (But I had to pay for the difference in price [Roll Eyes]

Oh well so much for custom Encores!

X

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x-caliber:
I just got my bullberry .257 Roberts back. It was supposed to be matte finished...it was gloss. It was supposed to be free-floated to the hanger bar...it was not I had to take sandpaper and open up the barrel channel by hand. It was supposed to come with a six-hole scope mount...it did not and I was charged for the scope mount. (I called them and they sent one promptly) It was supposed to eject the shells properly or at least I assumed that all new barrels would eject spent cartridges. [Big Grin] Anyway it did not and I had to take the ejector slide out and file down the top of it in order to let the ejector stick up into the chamber enough to grab the rim of the case. And finally, I sent them my factory advantage timber fore-end to be modified to fit their hanger bar system. They made if fit all right but there was a half inch gap between the barrel and the fore-end. They did make me a beautiful fore-end that matched my VVCG laminated buttstock perfectly. (But I had to pay for the difference in price [Roll Eyes]

Oh well so much for custom Encores!

X

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<chuckwalla>
posted
I don't know what's going on down there at BB. I've emailed them 3 times about some wood I wanted. I have yet to get a response. As far as I see it, if they can't take the time to respond to my email, they must not want my order. Looks like VV will be getting all my oders.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I asked which was better Virgin Valley or Bullberry (on another thread) after reading this I think I get the message.

Posts: 29 | Location: fall river, mass | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Mike72
What's up with the scope? I'm curious if you got you order straightened out?
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like i did the right thing by ordering all my barrels from VV.

bobg [Big Grin]

Posts: 45 | Location: W.N.Y. | Registered: 17 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I just received a new 7TCU barrel from Bullberry and its a great looking barrel. Everything just like it should have been. I just traded a VV 221 fireball barrel for a 6mm Bullberry and am pleased with the trade. I have several grips, forearms from Bullberry and they are great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well they are sending me the correct scope I ended up just agreeing to split the difference with them so I could just be done with it. So I ended up paying like $35 more for the 3200 which was a good enough deal for me. Not really sure if I will give them anymore of my business or not right now we'll just have to see. So far I have 2 Eabco Custom Encore barrels and this Bullberry barrel and I won't comment on what I think of Eabco's customer service at least Bullberry is trying to make an effort to work it out . I just might try out VVCG next time to see how they do. Only history I have with them is a stock set I ordered which is beautiful but I had to send it back too because they forgot to install the sling studs I requested. So I don't know we'll just have to see how things come out.

[ 06-13-2003, 19:59: Message edited by: mike72 ]

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Mike72
Sorry you had so much trouble. The compromise was a good deal. Which should have been offered to you from the start. Seems Fred's office has some trouble taking care of business like that. The shame of it is he makes good accurate barrels just needs help in front office.
Rich Jake