New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC-L List
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How does one go about getting signed up on the list?
Thanks,

Bob

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, Wish I could help you, but I've tried multiple times myself to no avail.... [Confused] Maybe I'll try again another day.... Gary T.

[ 12-11-2002, 21:59: Message edited by: Gary T ]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To subscribe, please send a message to

listproc@prairienet.org

with the text: subscribe tc-list

try this. I copied and modified it from my unscuscribe instructions.

if this doesn't work, get back to me and I'll go to the list and ask.

Richard

Posts: 65 | Location: Madison, TN,USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
went back and checked my sent mail.
it just says:

subscribe TC-L Rick Fox

that ought to do it.

Posts: 65 | Location: Madison, TN,USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got subscribed!

In the subject area of the email it typed "subscribe TC-L Bob Miller". I got an email back saying I was subscribed!! [Razz]
Thanks Rick,

Bob

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob i have been reading the list for a year i guess.I get all of mine in digest mode.
It took me about 6 tries to finally get registered.
wheelgun

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've tried many times before today and I always get the following message:

>subscribe tc-list
SUBSCRIBE: Unknown list name TC-LIST

Any help?

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, Seems like that's the same process I tried, unsuccessfully, before. Hopefully, third time will be the charm. Gary T. [Razz]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, Looks like I'm "doomed" to not participate in the TC-L. I've already got an e-mail message back from them that says, "Error Condition Re: Invalid request". [Confused] Followed the aforementioned instructions faithfully... Oh well, guess it's not the end of the world. [Wink] Gary T.

one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
Go to this link
http://www.prairienet.org/discussion/listoflists.phtml
click on the subscribe link next to the TC-L list. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary, you should have typed:

subcribe TC-L <your name>

You typed TC-List

The program didn't recognize your request.

Look forward to seeing all of you posting there.

Posts: 64 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'M IN IT WORKED BY GOING TO THEIR SITE AND JUST SELECTING SUBSCRIBE,

WHEELGUN 101 HOW DID YOU GET THE DIGEST MODE I HAVE 15 PIECES OF MAIL IN AN HOUR????

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
LOL! get ready...i have gotten OVER 100 several days.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Another stupid question...I'm getting good at these. Is the list for Contender stuff only...The description is;
"Thompson Contender Discussion List "
or is there Encore stuff also?
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Jenkins:
Another stupid question...I'm getting good at these. Is the list for Contender stuff only...The description is;
"Thompson Contender Discussion List "
or is there Encore stuff also?
Dave

It is pretty much a "TC" list.....all types of topics are discussed but mostly they concern Thompson Centers products..... e.g. Contenders, Encores, BP guns, etc...

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
The TC-L is a large volume list. Over 8300 messages in a 6 month period. I know, I keep them all except for the jokes and requests to unsub that are misdirected. I've been on the list since 1995 (I think), a long time anyway. Great bunch of guys and girl.

If you are still lurking, please don't, we love talking TCs and other things. Welcome aboard.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony D, you're right. Looks like I typed the message in the text of the e-mail instead of in the subject. Guess I'm not so good at following directions after all. [Confused] Old Fart's method worked, though. Boy, you guys are right--this is a very active list! [Big Grin] Wheelgun, what is "digest mode" and what does one do to receive the mail that way? Gary T.

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Getting on the list wasn't hard for me but getting off it is the pits. [Mad] [Mad] [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I unsubscribed after about three day of having my mail box overloaded
digest mode sound intresting  -

Posts: 68 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I'm still curious what "digest mode" is and how how goes about getting the mail from the list this way. So far the ratio of "useful/interesting" info to "not useful/not interesting" info very low..... Seems like most of the info is off-topic..... [Confused] Gary T.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary
I was on the list for several years and dropped it when the volume of off topic posts took over.
Greg

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary,

I have had somewhat the same experience. When i sign in i just delete the e-mails with a topic that are not of interest to me. That eliminates about 50-60% of them.... [Wink]

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
I use the digest mode and scroll through the subject lines. Just ignore what I don't want to read. It's worth the effort 'cause some of the stuff is really good.

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How is their group purchase of the Headspace Indicators at a discount coming along?

Total order for bases (plus some with dial indicators) was up around 45 last I heard.

How many people are subscribed to TC-L now? I used to know how to find it, but have long since forgotten.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Mike,

It isn't as easy as it once was but I counted and there are approximately 309 list members. Many don't ever post. Hope this helps.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mabey im doing something wrong i subscribed got e-mail conformation haven't receved a single e-mail in a week what's up with this? [Frown]

Posts: 63 | Location: ga | Registered: 12 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Subscribe again. We've gotten about 150 messages in the past week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Help...Help....Help....Help.....Have signed up with them and for the last week have been tring to Unsubscribe.......Way to much email for the forum or list that I signed up for,,,,,BE PREPARED for lots of MAIL.....doomed Hal [Confused]

Posts: 93 | Location: Evart Mich USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by janehal:
Help...Help....Help....Help.....Have signed up with them and for the last week have been tring to Unsubscribe.......Way to much email for the forum or list that I signed up for,,,,,BE PREPARED for lots of MAIL.....doomed Hal [Confused]

And you haven't done it correctly.

send to listproc@prairienet.org

In the body "unsubscribe tc-l" and do not use the quotations. No subject needed and nothing else in the body.

Not to pick on you but we have LOTS of people subscribe (somehow) and then can't unsub even though they JUST got the confirmation message with the instructions. To be blunt, I am amazed.

Yes, we have LOTS of mail. We like TCs and other subjects, we've got lots of professionals on the list, we've got lots of people with lots of knowledge. We always welcome others. But, if you can't stand the heat (all the mail) or can't manage the mail, then you probably won't like the list for just that reason.

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
I tried through e-mail and for some reason, kept recieving invalid:error responses. Through the website it is very easy to subscribe.

To make this very simple for all, just go here and follow the instructions.

Save the page in your favorites in case you need to unsubscribe.

Subscribe-Unsubscribe to TC-L

I think part of the problem in subscribing to the TC-L is that those of us with HTML based e-mail clients are unable to send plain text messages to subscribe. in AOL 7.0 it is very difficult to send plain text: in AOL 8.0 it is impossible, and for others it may also be very difficult.

[ 12-19-2002, 20:54: Message edited by: Sean VHA #60013 ]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Sean,

Yes that IS a problem. Must send in plain text.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary and Kentx
cant really remember how i got diget mode .I think i checked a box when i signed up.Sorry for late reply been huntin.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tried to re subscribe got a invalid note said i was alreadt a subscriber now what?

Posts: 63 | Location: ga | Registered: 12 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall having trouble subscribing one time, and it was due to the html, which the TC-L does not accept.

I think I was on AOL at the time, so Sean, look further. You should be able to turn off the html setting..... somewhere in your tool bar.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote