Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope
 Login/Join

posted
I just got encore 270 pistols and was wondering if I could get any suggestions on a decent scope for it to hunt white tail with.i would like to stay in the lower ballpark in price. But still get something that will last

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could probably start out with a Bushnell Trophy 2X6 which will run $150-$175. I've got one on a 7-08 Savage Striker and on a Lone eagle 444. Both have held up for multiple rounds without failure. Plain Jane good optics. A freind uses nothing but these on hhis multiple handguns and swears by them.
Not as nice as my Leupolds on my other guns, but still very workable & great for the price.

You also could get just a plain 2X Leupold which can be bought fairly cheap & it will last for years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the time you replace your first cheap pistol scope you'll have spent more than it costs to buy a Leupold 4x.

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to limit myself with a fixed 2X or 4X scope with a .270 barrel. I would find a "used" Burris 2-7X or Bushnell Elite 2-6X. You should be able to find one in the $175-$200 range. A used Bushnell Trophy can be had for around $100. I haven't bought a new pistol scope in I can't tell you when.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
X

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you have been asking questions about range, I would suggest the Burris 2-7 with the Ballistic Plex reticle

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
My 223 and 7-30 wear Simmons 2x6x32, great scopes for the ones that don't have alot of recoil.
The Bushnell 2x6x32 is another real nice scope.
The Burris is damn nice.
The Luepold is expensive but its damn nice also.
NC Star...mine works great on my 256 Win Mag, but that doesn't kick alot either.
I'm not sure of the recoil of the 270 though.
You'll end up buying a few different scopes in the long run, then you'll have to buy barrels to catch up.....or vice versa! Smiler

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
For me it's the Leupold 2.5-8X variable. I've bought the VX III version for as little as about $235 used in excellent condition.

In my opinion, the 270 Win. has enough range that a higher powder scope than 2X is worth it. Leupold at least stands behind their warranty on their scops even if you weren't the original purchaser. When I had a problem with a Bushnell Trophy handgun scope, Bushnell wouldn't stand behind their warranty and had the gall to want to see me another one (at a reduced price but no thanks). I have no experience with Burris scopes.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i have a bushnell firefly elite on my 308 encore and it works fine they are on sale at natchez right now for 150.00 good luck deciding