Find
Notify
Tools

FOR SALE: 223 Bellm VVCG barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted
Bellm chambered VVCG Virgin Valley Custom Guns Custom Stainless Steel Contender Barrel, .223 Super 14". Very accurate, has VVCG 11degree target crown, and a Mike Bellm chamber.

Go to my website to the product tests page for my writeup of this barrel. That test is finished, though I have not yet posted all the text to the website.

This is the barrel that won the Sept 200 yard postal match. Great barrel, but need to make room for the next test barrel, and pick up a few needed accurizing "goodies" for the reloading bench [Big Grin]

The barrel is listed on Ebay for those interested [Big Grin]

EBAY - Bellm VVCG Custom Contender Barrel .223 S14

-

-

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll just have lust in yer heart for that Hart barrel a comin', but ya gotta wait fer thu uther irons in the fire first!

Meanin' yore gonna be outuva .223 barrel fer awhile if ya sell 'er now.

Think uv them maraudin' 'yotes out ther.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bellm:
Ya'll just have lust in yer heart for that Hart barrel a comin', but ya gotta wait fer thu uther irons in the fire first!

Meanin' yore gonna be outuva .223 barrel fer awhile if ya sell 'er now.

Think uv them maraudin' 'yotes out ther.

Mike

The self proclaimed "TC Heretic" has gone redneck! LOL! [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Is this the barrel with a checkered "pond" past?

Duckin an' runnin,
steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Country boy/redneck runnin' incognito. I just let my disguise slip a bit. I grew up on John Deeres and Oliver 88s and drove an old red International 3/4 ton flat bed pickup with grain sides most of the time I was still at home. There was usually a gun in/on all of them. And I still drive an old pickup because I like it, complete with tools and junk on the floor board, right 1buba?

And, yep, that is the barrel that GB was supposed to "test." It just landed in the hands of one more qualified to test. That done, now Sean can roll it over for other projects in anticipation of the Hart barrel.

The way the whole thing came down, a top grade Shilen barrel was to have been deliverd to GB originally, the project was handed to Sean instead, then it was discovered that the barrel was not in fact a Shilen. Meanwhile the barrel had gone back to Virgin Valley for correction of a loose lock up, and when the fertilizer hit the ventilator over the barrel not being a Shilen, I bought the barrel from VVG and stuck to my committment I made with Sean by first handing him the project, then following through with the top quality barrel as originally intended.

Since a Hart blank costs me about the same as a Shilen, I got a Hart blank, which I feel still has a higher reliability for benchrest accuracy.

Bottom line is that our "tester," Mr. Coombs, ends up with two barrels, not just one.

I just had to razz him a little about letting it go down the road before the Hart arrived.

Sean did an excellent job with the above barrel, and I am confident the Hart barrel will be given equal treatment.

All the best,

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1buba:
Is this the barrel with a checkered "pond" past?

Duckin an' runnin,
steve

Steve,

Aye, this is the "pond" barrel [Big Grin] Someone should purchase it upon the basis of it's history alone [Big Grin]

Greatly anticipating Mike's Hart barrel, and thinking of some Redding bushing dies etc for that test.

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote