Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Holsters
 Login/Join

posted
Hey is there a holster out there for the 15" barreled pistol that doesn't look like a golf bag?

Posts: 9 | Location: Indy | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some old Uncle Mike's shoulder holsters that are supposed to take a scoped contender.
Contact me if you are interested.
Otherwise, if you can find a product made by a major manufacturer, then I probably have it in stock.

-Spencer

posted Hide Post
I've seen 1 of Uncle Mike's holsters the one thats suppost to take a 15" barrel and scope, when I picked up my pistol. I think it was a number 13. It looked more like a soft case than a holster. I'll look for major manufacturer holsters, thanks

posted Hide Post
-Spencer

I�ve looked all over the net for a holster now, and the only thing I can find are golf bags. What do you think you�d have to have for one of them holsters?

Let me tell ya what I want to do. I think if I cut the bottom out of it to let the barrel pass thru but still cover the scope. That will carry and securely hold while moving around. I'm not sure but I'm thinkin I could take about 8 to 10 inches off it. And then I won�t have a 2 feet of gun case strapped to my side.

Hey and if anyone has already done this let me know.

one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
The one I use is the leather Bandito that Fox Ridge sells. It has been working for me on the Contender .45-70 with a 15 in barrel + brake and the 12" + brake Encore .50 AK. for about 10 years now. Very easy to put on and take off also, even when wearing the heaviest of clothing. Just sling it over your shoulder, no straps to adjust, buckels to snap, anything.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I like that Bandito Rig, very cool and inexpensive for a big piece of leather like that.
Boy, I could sell a synthetic holster to ya but I would go with that Bandito.

-Spencer

posted Hide Post
Big Bore, that's a good lookin holster.

Looks like I found one!

Thanks