Notify
Tools

Accurate Reloading vs. Other Forums
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
Friends,

Earlier this evening I happened to be logging onto the Accurate Reloading Forums and was thinking about how many time's I'd been here since I left Greybeards and how many users (many of which I call friends) were here.

I noticed there were 150 users on Accurate Reloading so I did a little research to see how many people were on some of the other sights I frequent. The time I started was 7:42pm when I started.

3 people on Specialty Pistols

550 on Glock Talk

44 on The Smith and Wesson Forums

13 on Handgun Hunter Magazine

39 on Greybeard Outdoors

24 on HuntAmerica

55 on Predator Masters

And a whopping 2143 on AR-15.com

I guess interest in hand and AR-15's is still alive and well on the net huh?

Thanks again to Saeed and all the rest who dip into their pockets and provide us with a place to discuss our favorite hobbies.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Your point is?????????????

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

I was thanking Saeed and all the other people that provide us these forums and showing everyone how much traffic is on each of the forums I regularly visit.

Get it now?

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either Bob. What does any of what you just posted have to do with a single shot pistol?
If you wanna thank Saeed send him an email

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Bob I think I get it now. I didn't see how many were on the TC list listed in the above. Some people can't stand others who do what they do for the love of the sport. Some people if they can't run it must come up with a way putting down what doesn't bow to them. Some people love to start poop because that way they try and bring attention to how smart and or super they are and above the lesser beings such as myself. Some use long worded posts and well written posts to prove they are super beings and above the average person who enjoys the company of other like them and uses the forums as a tool to learn and share positive experiences. I enjoy the company of 99 percent of the posters but as in life one has to try and overlook the very few who have an hidden interest in wanting to put down what they can't control. Have a great day and yea I get it.

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

I guess now _I_ don't get it... <sigh>

Wanna tell me what you mean? Looks like you've chosen to slam me for something that you have read into what I've said or you imagine that I've said...

The TC-List is largely dead as are almost all elists because the forums are a much more comfortable way of communicating for most people these days.

That's why I didn't even mention any of the elists.

The reason I mentioned it here is because I'm almost totaly handgun oriented and this has been my "main internet home" since I left the Pond a year or two ago when most of us came here, although I still go back to Greybeards because he has a VERY active classified section and he seems to have toned it down a bit... <grin>

So... What is it that seems to have your bowels in an uproar?

$bob$

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Tommyn,

"I enjoy the company of 99 percent of the posters but as in life one has to try and overlook the very few who have an hidden interest in wanting to put down what they can't control."

I have read and re-read your post and must say that you must be reading some kind of conspiracy theory or something like that into my words and actions.

Or maybe you are very sensitive?

I dunno. I'm a hunter and a shooter and therefore a predator. I suggest that you should maybe put me on "ignore" or something like that if what I say offends your tender sensibilities because I'm used to talking to men that take what I say for face value and don't get upset at what they think I might mean.

I also state facts and data as facts and data with no apologies.

I have always been a very outspoken person and know that I often offend people that are sensitive. That's largely why I mostly hang out on shooting and hunting forums because I like the company of men that don't have tender sensibilities.

This is after all a hunting and shooting forum. You will probably not be very happy if you let yourself get upset by alpha type personalities like me.

Now... Having said all that.... You have a good day too....

$bob$

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
So sorry you don't understand. I don't see where I slammed you by name. Just gave my observations on your post. My rear isn't in an uproar just don't like hidden agenda. I will worry all day that you think I slammed you. End of discussion for me. Have a great day and eat plenty of raisin bran and everything will be OK.

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

Dont' hit and run.

Go ahead and expose my "hidden agenda"...

You accuse me of having a mysterious agenda and I'm curious to learn what it is and I'm sure there are a lot of other people that will be interested too....

Throwing an insult and then running away and saying you aren't going to post anymore is a childish and cowardly action. This is a board for hunters and shooters.

If you have something to say... Go ahead and say it. You have my permission to expose that which you say I hide.

$bob$

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Quote:

So sorry you don't understand. I don't see where I slammed you by name. Just gave my observations on your post. My rear isn't in an uproar just don't like hidden agenda. I will worry all day that you think I slammed you. End of discussion for me. Great day and eat plenty of raisin bran and everything will be OK.

Tommyn, given Bob�s first post, I don't understand your reply to him at all. From what I can see in the text of his post, Bob was just having a conversation regarding all the forums he visits and how he is thankful for having them around to drop in on. WHAT has got you and Jules so touchy and offended? What possible "hidden agenda" are you talking about?

I don't get all the womanish fears embedded and expressed in your reply. That is not like you. If you think Bob has some deep dark �hidden agenda� and conspiracy, just spell it out and say it plainly. We are all men here, and can handle, and prefer, direct confrontation. THis is not the Pond afterall.

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Sean you two are quite a pair. Insults when reason fails, Its over for me with answering either of you. For me you two are something less than honorable company and it don't get any worse than that. Hit and run indeed for I said all that was neeeded. Keep up the good work and all will see you for what you really are. Have a great day

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sean you two are quite a pair. Insults when reason fails, Its over for me with answering either of you. For me you two are something less than honorable company and it don't get any worse than that. Hit and run indeed for I said all that was neeeded. Keep up the good work and all will see you for what you really are. Have a great day

Now THAT was an intellectual response, rich with facts, and reason.... Undeniable truths backed up with irrefutable logic.... ROFLMAO...

No justification for the mud slinging names you called me and no justification for accusing me of having a hidden agenda. Not even a "he said, she said" misquote?

And now my honor has been questioned too... All with absolutely no facts or even quotes to back it up....

I am humbled.... <snicker>

My hat is off to you Tommyn... You're too much!!!

Why don't you call me a Communist next, or maybe a Liberal, or while you're spouting off names how about a 3 headed monster.... <shaking head and looking amused>

I guess I'll forever wonder what got you so upset, or maybe someone will jump in here and "enlighten" me.... <grin>

$bob$

one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
Man am I confused Is it just me, or is this all totally senseless Somebody care to enlighten me?

Mark

Posts: 412 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Man am I confused Is it just me, or is this all totally senseless Somebody care to enlighten me?
Mark

Me too...

If I knew what I did I maybe could respond but so far I have only learned that I must be a pretty bad fellow.... <sigh>

$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
WHAT has got you and Jules so touchy and offended?

Sean,
I didn't know that I was offended. Trust me....If I was everyone on here would know it
I just can't figure out why Bob felt the need to let us all know how many folks were on the other forums.
Hell, I didn't even know most of them existed. I guess I need to spend more time on the computer.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
So thats what it is.....BOB spends too much time on the puter! I didnt know about some of those other sites either.
Mark

Posts: 412 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Jules,

Thanks... At least it appears that only Tommyn is mad at me.

I apologize if this was way off topic.. This is just my "landing zone" on AR and except for Big Game and Classified about the only place I post anymore...

Maybe Tommyn will pipe up and let us know what I did.... So far he seems to appear and call me names and disappear without shedding any light on what the heck is going on and totally ignoring my questions... <sigh>

$bob$

posted Hide Post
Quote:

Bob I think I get it now. I didn't see how many were on the TC list listed in the above. Some people can't stand others who do what they do for the love of the sport. Some people if they can't run it must come up with a way putting down what doesn't bow to them. Some people love to start poop because that way they try and bring attention to how smart and or super they are and above the lesser beings such as myself. Some use long worded posts and well written posts to prove they are super beings and above the average person who enjoys the company of other like them and uses the forums as a tool to learn and share positive experiences. I enjoy the company of 99 percent of the posters but as in life one has to try and overlook the very few who have an hidden interest in wanting to put down what they can't control. Have a great day and yea I get it.

tommyn,
It sounds like you think Bob is somehow disparaging the TC lists by not including them. I believe you are mistaken.
We are subscribed to the TC lists all the time, so no one is actually 'logged on'. You receive it passively.
If I read it correctly, Bob's main point is that he is thankful that Saeed and others spend their time and money providing the rest of us with a venue for exchanging ideas and information.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Contender85 Mark,

Now if I can just figure out how to steal your avatar... <sneaky grin>

I'm growing tired of my old one....

Maybe that's it... Maybe it's my avatar?!?!?

$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Wow. An entire reply to our questions that is absolutely devoid of any logical explanation at all or citation of evidence of what it is that offended Tommyn about Bob's initial posting.

Insults when reason fails? More like annoyed inquiry into why in the world you choose to publically insult my friend Bob with no apparent reason, and further that you choose to do so in what I'd say is a womanish way of conduct, i.e. refusing to clearly state the problem but still giving plenty of unclear innuendo and suspicion in an insulting manner.

And now, to top it off and add to Tommyn�s already whiny, shrill, circuitous womanly style of expressing disagreement in his last post, he now loudly proclaims that I am somehow �less than honorable company� simply because I question the womanish manner in which he has expressed complaints, and because I asked him to supply, directly, clearly, and without all the innuendo and insinuation, what it is about Bob�s initial posting that has him so bothered. I don't get it.

Tommyn, Bob�s a man. Let him have it directly. Personally, I fail to see anything inappropriate about Bob�s post at all, and would really like you to demonstrate what�s wrong with it, and specify your problems with citation from his own posted words. Jules mentioned that it had nothing to do with single shot pistols. So what if the post isn�t exactly on-topic here? There cannot suddenly be this much objection and offense over a bit of an off topic post, especially here where off topic posts are somewhat routine. I have never seen this reaction to any of the other off topic posts, and there are A LOT of off topic postings on the various forums here, and I for one tend to enjoy at least half of them. If I don�t enjoy one, I just choose the best solution and decide not to read it any further. Since Jules says he is not upset, I'll take him at his word that he isn't, and continue to wonder what has YOUR panties in a wad...

I am simply under whelmed by the ridiculous assertion that we are somehow less than honorable for simply asking for a clear and direct explanation and evidence as to what is so offensive in Bob�s initial post. Tommyn, if you have a complaint about Bob�s initial post, spell it out and say it. Save the girly insinuations for the women to make about each other.

Laughing as much as Bob and just as curious...

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sean, I didn't know that I was offended. Trust me....If I was everyone on here would know it
I just can't figure out why Bob felt the need to let us all know how many folks were on the other forums.
Hell, I didn't even know most of them existed. I guess I need to spend more time on the computer.

Jules, Glad to know that you were not offended Hey, is interesting to see who and how many were and are on the other forums at a given time. Then I know where to find folk I want to find and where not to bother looking, if nothing else. Since most forums I know of have that "view who else and how many are online" feature, they must want us to have that info and use it for something constructive, right?

I don't know about you, but to me, what is useful about such a feature is that it is kind of like looking at the ground near deer runs, sources of drinking water, and wildlife trails for tracks, scat, and other signs of life and activity. Then I know how to better plan my online activity.

Hey, BTW, how did that barrel project go with the 24" 300 Whisper barrel you got? I never heard what developed with your idea there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been rechambered to a 308x444 but I haven't worked with it yet. I shot it a few times at the shoot but that's it.

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Well... It's apparent to me that Tommyn has no interest in doing any more than name calling.

I'm not used to adult men acting that way.

99% of the men and women I've met on the internet gun related websites conduct themselves as gentlemen and ladies.

I guess I've met one of the 1% that doesn't.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
bob,it's all in the name of your post, Accurate Reloading vs. Other Forums < !--color--> I personaly think you did it that way just to stir the pot. You got just the reaction you wanted. In my oppinion you were not thanking everybody,you were slamming everyone ,other than the ones you deem worthy.

If you wanted to Thank Saeed,just thank him and be done with it(but that would not have caused any trouble).

Yes ,you should change your avatar ,it goes against every rule of proper gun safty.

Jeff

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Lone Hunter,

"you were slamming everyone ,other than the ones you deem worthy"

I'm not sure what you mean by slam? How does that slam anyone? These are the forums I visit every chance I get. Where's the slam?

Also how does this deem anyone worthy or not? You're talking in riddles... What do you mean?...

"If you wanted to Thank Saeed,just thank him and be done with it(but that would not have caused any trouble)."

Also not sure what you mean here either. Saeed is the moderator of this forum. I was thanking him publicly for the forum on the forum. What's wrong with that? I would think that this would be the most natural way to do it... Right?

"Yes ,you should change your avatar ,it goes against every rule of proper gun safty."

How does putting a camera on a tripod in front of a gun and running around to pose with a gun violate any safety rules? Do you mean that when people take pictures of say... Car accidents that it violates car safety? How about if you take a picture of a building being demolished does it violate building safety?

Or are you just anti-gun and don't you like pictures of guns?

Or maybe you just don't like me and are looking for reasons to criticize what I say... This stuff is pretty thin and IMO makes you look kind of silly.

$bob$

posted Hide Post
Quote:

bob,it's all in the name of your post, Accurate Reloading vs. Other Forums < !--color--> I personaly think you did it that way just to stir the pot. You got just the reaction you wanted. In my oppinion you were not thanking everybody,you were slamming everyone ,other than the ones you deem worthy.

If you wanted to Thank Saeed,just thank him and be done with it(but that would not have caused any trouble).

Yes ,you should change your avatar ,it goes against every rule of proper gun safty.

Jeff

Jeff,

If you are focusing on the word versus, it doesn't only mean 'against'; it also means 'in contrast to'. I read Bob's post as a) how many people were on this forum compared to others (with NO value judgment implied), and b) expressing gratitude to all those who host sites at their own expense (time and money).

Now either you are just spoiling for a fight, or you've read WAAAAY to much into Bob's post.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
George,

"Now either you are just spoiling for a fight, or you've read WAAAAY to much into Bob's post"

You certainly seem to be right or.....Maybe the "hidden agenda" doesn't belong to me after all...

Maybe the reason you and I and probably, many others here, are confused, is that my "attackers" are really the ones with the hidden agenda since they seem to have no plausible explanation for why they seem to be upset.

I've been called a lot of names but the reasoning and explanations behind all this foofaraw seem to be muddled.

The plot thickens...

This kinda reminds me of the way the democrats attack our President. They hurl a lot of unfounded accusations and when pressed for what they mean and/or for proof they respond by hurling more accusations...

$bob$

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I must admit... Whoever voted on all the most recent threads in this forum to reflect their dislike for Sean and myself is very creative, albeit a bit strange!!!

Every thread received a 5 but the ones that Sean and I started... <ROFLMAO!!!!>

Good one... Touche'....

You win the title of "Closet Queen" for the year whoever you are.... <snicker>

$bob$

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
LDHunter
Interesting stats. If I understand it right the numbers listed are all members from Graybeards that frequent the other sites you do? I frequent here of course and Hunt America, Speciality Pistol and AR15.com also. I still look in at the Pond from time to time. This is one of the best sites going, hope it keeps going.

Steve E........

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Steve,

The stats were for how many people were actually online for each forum at the time I checked.

I've been checking since then and the numbers are fairly constant during the evenings (highest traffic hours for most forums) and seemed to be fairly good indication of the traffic on the forums.

Many of them do it differently but with most forums you can go the the main forum page that shows all the sub forums and it will tell how many people are online and who they are. It's at the top of some pages and bottom of others.

Some you can just see it by looking and some you have to click on a link like on AR it's "Who's Online" and is at the top of almost any page.

$bob$

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich,

Yes... You're right but what they show in that case is how many people are on total and then the names of the registered useers and the names of the unregistered users.

You'll often find that the total number of users will be greater than the sum of the registered and unregistered users and thats the amount of hidden users.

I've always wondered why a user would want to be hidden anyway, unless they were doing something that they were ashamed of. Kind of like hiding in the shadows rather than coming into the light of a well lit room...

$bob$

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob you know sometimes the list of people you see listed isn't always accurate. Some forums allow you to view the forums without being visible. Just because you don't see them don't mean they aren't there. So I would say that what you were looking at is necessarily a true picture of the traffic on some sites. I am happy since leaving the dark side to have these other places available to me!

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read this thread and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I see many of the common "posters" and yet the slightest apparent incident has all sort of knickers in a twist. Looking on from the outside it is not clear to me where the lines of gender are...nor is it clear where the generation line is.

If I wanted to see a public bitch slappin I'd pay for the next Tyson (receiving end) PPV event. Everybody put your dolls away and if you have a personal beef then I agree take it straight to the person in an email. I realize my remark wasn't the nicest but I wasn't singling anybody in particular out either...however if I ruffled your feathers then just drop me a line bkoesser[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've always wondered why a user would want to be hidden anyway, unless they were doing something that they were ashamed of. Kind of like hiding in the shadows rather than coming into the light of a well lit room...

Oh, and on a much lighter and more sarcastic note (I know it's hard to imagine coming from me)...so please read in the context of a playful jab.

Bob - I would like to submit that it may be better to be a shadow of silence, than a blazing ray of BS!

one of us
posted Hide Post

Oh, and on a much lighter and more sarcastic note (I know it's hard to imagine coming from me)...so please read in the context of a playful jab.

Bob - I would like to submit that it may be better to be a shadow of silence, than a blazing ray of BS!

B_KOES, hey, at the least, this jab of yours has the virtue of actually being direct, unlike the girly innuendos and silly "Closet Queen" star ratings of our threads tactic we've had lately!

I'd STILL like to know what it really was about Bob's initial post that was supposedly SO offensive....

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Brett,

"Bob - I would like to submit that it may be better to be a shadow of silence, than a blazing ray of BS!"

HEY!!! I RESEMBLE that comment!!!

I like your "front door" tactics.... <ROFLMAO>!!!

$bob$

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Truthfully I really don't understand the thread in total. Obviously I have missed something as well. However this kinda reminds me of the "Is it legal to" thread made famous by Gone Hunting, just beaten to death. Anyway I have no hostility towards anyone but after reading it & rereading it I felt compelled to throw an observation in. I hope no one has read more than that into my statements.

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where's MePlat when ya need him ???

...that's all fine and dandy, but how well can you berate a person from off-hand?

Don't ya just HATE it when sarcastic sunny-beaches like me get involved? Oh well, I guess I should go back to my normal activities of kicking the cat and throwing the dog around . I'll be curtailing my activity in this thread as it has outlived its usefullness...course it did that in the first few minutes.