Notify
Tools

Guess what happened at THE POND!!!
 Login/Join

<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Alpo:
Hey, I guess I'm just dumber than dirt. I dropped off the site for awhile and when I came back, everybody was gone. No Mike Bellm, Jules, Fireball, Mssmagnum. Where'd they go? You guys need to leave a fowarding address [Wink] Contender85, that was me posting about the Hammer Extension. Funny thing though, It went really quick.

The water just got a little muddy for me...I am more like a trout.......I like Clean clear water....Muddy water is for CATFISH and MUDSUCKERS
are you not still posting over there ALPO???

Fireball
[Razz]

<pshooter>
posted
Looks like democracy at it's best at work! mvm

<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by pshooter:
Looks like democracy at it's best at work! mvm

Democracy?? Scary thing is it not?? I never have liked the idea that the MASSES rule...just another topic I guess.....to the REPUBLIC for which it stands......One Nation Under God.

Fireball [Razz]

[ 07-23-2002, 07:32: Message edited by: Fireball221 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
My sister sent me a couple good jokes today, but when I got to this thread Dee just had to ask what was going on with all the snickering and laughing going on.

What a riot!

I confess, though. I did take a quick glance at the pond today..... anybody on this forum blown any fingers off today?

Give GB some revvvynew, and at least read about the guy, from Oregon no less, blowing his finger off. There is some weird stuff that goes on back in these trees, I know, but......

Hopefully the I.Q.s of posters here are all above at least room temperature and we know whether there are bullets in our guns or not!

Thanks for a good laugh, guys.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bellm:
I confess, though. I did take a quick glance at the pond today..... anybody on this forum blown any fingers off today?

Oh my, my sides hurt from all the laughter! First the rumor of the mass e-mail of black-listed names which aren�t to be mentioned at the puddle, then banning folks IP addresses for a day or so, and now this? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ahhhhh well, I see proof here almost every week that my decision to vote with my feet months ago, and leave the puddle behind me for good, was the correct one to make. Perhaps he will simply lock out all posters and just write messages to himself to avoid the possibility that someone might actually hold another and perhaps even differing opinion, or disagree with him.....or accidentally offer evidence that they might know something that he does not.... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The water just got a little muddy for me...I am more like a trout.......I like Clean clear water....Muddy water is for CATFISH and MUDSUCKERS
are you not still posting over there ALPO???

Fireball
[Razz]

Yeah, I was, until I found ya'll yesterday. Ain't got nothin' against anybody anywhere. In all seriousness, if you have a question regarding something inherently dangerous (i.e. shooting, reloading) you want to make sure you get valid information.

Mike Bellm,
My IQ may be below room temperature here in Georgia, "Man it's HOT!"
[Cool]

[ 07-23-2002, 20:39: Message edited by: Alpo ]

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
Just got home from work....Kinda feelin lazy and bored.........think I will go play with a loaded gun.........got a couple of ingrown toenails I need removed.
lol
Fireball [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey I broke the end of my cleaning rod off in my bbl and I cant quite push it out
Do you think if I fired a normal load thru it the bullet would push it out? Or should I load up a hotter round for this purpose?
[Eek!]

[ 07-24-2002, 04:50: Message edited by: KTS1 ]

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by KTS1:
Hey I broke the end of my cleaning rod off in my bbl and I cant quite push it out
Do you think if I fired a normal load thru it the bullet would push it out? Or should I load up a hotter round for this purpose?
[Eek!]

If I remember correctly...the instructions I got from another forum was
When the cleaning rod is broke off in the barrel
1) if it is TIGHTLY stuck use 5 grains more poweder in addition to the normal MAX load.
2) if it is broke off but only lightly stuck and part of the rod still protruding..only 2 more grains than MAX is required

ABOVE ALL DO NOT FORGET to POINT the FIREARM in an UNSAFE DIRECTION before firing.......lol

Fireball [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is funny I know, but what if someone reads this and trys it?

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya I had heard you were supposed to put your hand over the end of the bbl to insure that the rod is indeed pushed out, I think this is what some of the old fish refer to as going by 'feel' I just wasnt sure of the load to use. [Razz] [Eek!]

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
This is funny I know, but what if someone reads this and trys it?

You know Jules......YOU ARE RIGHT!!.....BUT I am a firm believer that NOT everyone should own a gun!! this weekend at our Private range some fool was thier with his kid...Shooting at the Angle Iron on the ground at the 50 yard line. The bullets were ricochetting back at my family and I.
When I explained that even though we have a Members only range we are not allow to shoot anything other than targets...swingers...Nothing unsafe and that guns must always be handled in a safe maner.....I got the BIG ASSHOLE ATTITUDE from him!!
This guy has NO BUSSINESS with a gun in his hand or teaching his son how to shoot.
Maybe he will read the joke and follow it as LAW!!

Fireball [Big Grin]