New
Find
Notify
Tools

600 Nitro Express Handgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw this video of a guy shooting a 600 Nitro built on an Encore. The story goes that it was built just for show but this guy conviced the gun maker to let him shoot it.
Click the "full Size" button and it should play.

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/nopick4me/?actio...troExpressPistol.flv

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Y'know, no matter how many times I see that one I still love it.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I don't know who is stupider-the idiot who made the barrel, or the moron shooting it. homer

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bubba ain't never gonnna learn!!!!!!!

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this mean I should not have Competitor chamber me one up in my 550 Gibbs wildcat after all?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Does this mean I should not have Competitor chamber me one up in my 550 Gibbs wildcat after all?

Rich
DRSS
Rich, As long as you video your first shot and post it here, have at it. beer

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The video is of a range instructor that did not want to listen to the owner on how to shoot it. The owner shot it successfuly and will be shooting it again on May 20th, along with me. The gun was built to shoot not just look at.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least the RO did not get smacked in the face Eeker !

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will see what happens on the 20th. We are shooting the 600 nitro encore by Van Horn and my 700 nitro Searcy double. I am sure there will be enough recoil for everyone! We may even throw in my 50 alaskan revolver and a 600 overkill by AHR.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the Cabelas in Fort Worth recently, they had a 700 double for sale. I did not even look at the tag. Could not imagine shooting that!

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I traded a whole bunch of guns for mine about 16 months ago. I am buying a 4 bore, being made by Ken Owen , hopefully done by December.That one will keep me broke for awhile.Ken is really good to work with though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot both loads through the 600 nitro pistol and Bob shot my 700 nitro today. Boy, you do have to hold on to the 600 nitro. Recoil on the full house load is severe. Hope to have video posted soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not knoweledgable enough to post on host site and url. So I guess I won't be posting the videos after all. No help = no videos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody please help him!!!!!!!! We gotta see the videos.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A warning, my videos are not as spectacular,because I actually hold on to the gun during both shots. It helps if you are used to shooting big bores, and have a clue as to what you are doing. Plus, I weigh about 380 lbs, so I don't step backwards several steps like Kamakazzii did when he shot the full hot load. But,.....it is a handful. The guy helping me post has a full mail box. As soon as he empties some stuff out of it, I will resend him the videos so he can post them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The videos are posted under Big Bore Rifle forum, under post titled,"kamakazzii and bigdoggy 700 shoot some big stuff" Thanks to Bulldog 563 for posting pics for me. Hopefully the 700 nitro being shot by kamakazzii will be here soon, I hope.

Picture of nitrocore
posted Hide Post
I just had JD at SSK make me a 470 Nitro express encore in 8 in. just like on web site for $#%^@ and giggles. Where can I get brass for a reasonable preice. I also have a 416 Rigby in 12 in.

Nitrocore

Posts: 2 | Location: D-town, PA | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nitrocore, which kicks more? the 416 rigby, or the 470?

Picture of nitrocore
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggy

Not sure because I just, I mean just got the barrel. I can post a pic if ya want. The Rigby is brisk with 110 grains of RE22 below a 400 grain solid but not real bad.

Nitrocore

Posts: 2 | Location: D-town, PA | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nitro core, have you gone to shoot your 470 nitro 8" barreled gun yet. Let us know how it went. I would still like to know which one kicked more, the 470 or the 416 rigby. thanks