New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walk-Ins Welcome!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We still have room if you are interested and able to come for even a couple of days to Don Bower's Long Range Handgun Clinic which will begin Monday, July 7th and go through July 10th. For more information contact:
Ernie Bishop Cell 620-727-2267 (if it works there)
I will be staying At the Days Inn in Alliance, NE.

Ernie

[ 07-06-2003, 11:05: Message edited by: xphunter ]

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like there may be another clinic in September in Laramie, Wyoming with a field shoot to boot.
I will let everyone know once I get more information.

Ernie

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
What happened to the one to be held on the east coast? Has that been forgotten?
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Rich... you need to go to the clinic? Do you feel sick?
[Smile]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
To my knowledge (which is far from complete) no one has taken the ongoing responsibility to locate a site for dedicated use. Setting a specific time with Don, working out transporation of all of his stuff (guns, ammo, rest systems, etc.) and then letting folks know of dates, lodging and cost, which will vary depending on hotel choice and range charges. Then making sure that range has steel targets to shoot at or having some brought in.
I make this assumption since I have heard no one talking it up anywhere. I know there are a lot of guys that would love to have one out east. Someone(s) is going to have to want it bad enough to make it happen. I hope it works out.

Ernie

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xphunter:
Rich,
I make this assumption since I have heard no one talking it up anywhere. I know there are a lot of guys that would love to have one out east. Someone(s) is going to have to want it bad enough to make it happen. I hope it works out.

Ernie

No disrespect intended but that's bull. There were quite a few who said they were interested. So what your saying is unless someone else does the leg work, Don is not going to bother. I think that stinks. I don't know of a place in NY spacious enough to get one going, otherwise I would do it. That attitude stinks In my opinion.

Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
xphunter;

Sorry, [Roll Eyes] Rich Jake's dead-on with this one! My memory severs me very well on this one, way back before the first seminar took place, it was stated that the second seminar would be out east, and there were no strings attached. Quarter Miller was involved in the numerous post on this.

[Confused]

Rich Jake, Guess we know where we stand now! [Frown]

Posts: 94 | Location: Watsontown, PA. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys. To my knowledge it will be in Nebraska like last year with a small possibility of Hutchinson, KS as a back up. We only have a 600 yard range here (Hutch) whereas Alliance has a 1,000 yard range.
xphunter

P.S. You may be able to talk Don into coming to that far for a seminar on your home stomping ground, but transportation with all of those guns and ammo would be fun to get through security. Where there is a will there is usually a way.

I will have to side with XP on this one. I went back and looked at the old posts. Yes there was some interest, But I also read that someone would have to find a range back east and do the leg work. The shooters in the east[Me included] Can't expect someone from the mid-west to do all the work for a east coast shoot. If you want a east coast shoot,give Don a call and see if he is interested.

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
As I remember it there were people looking into a place to hold it & traveling was also an Issue with Don as well. I don't totally recall but there was a possibilty of getting the use of a range in Western PA, But there were some construction issues that were involved & when the range would be available to us for use. Look I see the writing on the wall & there will not be one on the east coast. I think that it speaks volumes about this. Anyway thanks for getting my Bloodpressure up over nothing.
Rich Jake

one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
Ernie,
Let me know when the Laramie Shoot is, I might be able to make it.

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen any bullets whizz through Pa. yet - hope everyone is Ok at the long range clinic!

Just read the post - don't want to start anything here........I meant that Pa is so far from the clinic that........oh, forget it. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

[ 07-07-2003, 22:25: Message edited by: T/C nimrod ]

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Quarter Miler>
posted
Hey guys , I'll take the blame for this one. I was talking with don about this and he said he would come to the eastern states. I just so busy and never went ahead to take the next steps, but always looking for a place to have a shoot. Weather it be Pa., Ohio or wherever. I still interested but not going to make anyplans till aleast August,Sept., this will give me a better chance to deal with my work schedule and help you all, yes I would love to see one, but someone else may have to get intereste din helping locate a place to hold the shoot.

Blame me , no body else.

Ernie, hope all you have fun, will miss it being out there and meeting some new shooters.

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Quarter Miler
No need to put blame on anyone.I know I remember that it was said that a seminar could be held on the east coast. Is there any way that I could help from here? Let me know. If there is something that I could do to help make it happen.
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
As Ernie found out, there is quite a bit involved in getting like minds motivated, organized, funds collected, and all arrangements made for such an event. It is a labor of love, so don't beat up the guys who try to make it happen. The blame falls on those whose interest is lukewarm and not hot enough to commit to the event.

I know what I went through putting on the clinic at Claremore, OK in '99.

Fact is, yes, you have to have the range facilities to conduct the clinic, but the bottom line is it is expensive to travel cross country in the first place, and Don is not doing this entirely out of the goodness of his heart. He deserves something for his efforts and time spent.

Cough up the money, collectively, bring on the warm, breathing bodies, and I am sure you boys on the east coast can certainly have a clinic, too.

You just have to "get your feces coagulated" and make it happen. Get behind whoever attempts to organize the clinic or you have no justification for chipping your teeth when it doesn't happen.

Hope everyone at Alliance is having a ball! The experience will forever change the way you look at guns, distance, and wind!

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi to all,
Just made it back home from the clinic late this morning (middle of the night). I hope the misunderstanding is cleared up now. Everything went great at the clinic, even though our numbers were small. Will talk more later.

Ernie

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Jake:
Quarter Miler
Is there any way that I could help from here? Let me know. If there is something that I could do to help make it happen.
Rich Jake

My offer still stands.
Rich Jake