New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rag Time?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Isn't it about time someone does a magazine for the single shot people? I really like to read only 2 mags. Rifle and Handloader!
It's about Time!!!!!

Bob

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
I take Rifle, Handloader, and of course, The American Rifleman. I agree with MRANCH -- we need a good mag devoted to single shots and their ammo. Since Mike Bellm is such an articulate and prolific writer, I nominate him to get the ball rolling.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I second that!!!!!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Bob

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Guys maybe Sean might be able to handle it & with Pics !!! [Big Grin]
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just my .02.
I'm not trying to push anyone, but the IHMSA news letter , it comes 10 months out of the year, is a lot of info for the $$. NO, it is not all single shots but is pretty much what most of you here look at, plain and simple ACCURACY from a hand gun. IHMSA I believe will send a free copy for the asking, and after that it is $25 or $35 a year plus you are an IHMSA member.

I have to agree with the above on the single shot handguns, would be nice to have one. And I will say this and take all the flack that comes with it, If I see another article on the "1911" whatever clones I am going to PUKE. Yes they are a fine piece of equipment but damn, Elvis is dead leave it alone for gosh sake.

There I said my piece and yes it was a BAD Monday! [Wink]
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
OUCH! Easy on my 1911 clone jsh.
I agree a single shot pistol shooting/hunting magazine would be realy great! [Eek!]

Posts: 21 | Location: Southwest Minnesota | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with JSH the 1911 is in every magazine you pick up.I have dropped all of my magazines but two Handloader,American Rifleman.The 1911 is a fine weapon but the gun writers need to look for something else to write about.Give us a break.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also wish that we had a magazine dedicated to specialty handguns. There are a couple of magazines out there that are dedicated to extreme accuracy but the articles mostly deal with rifles. You can take those principles most of the time and apply them to your own handgun(s). Precision Shooting and their sister publication The Accurate Rifle (I hope I got the second one right) are not as well known, but have a lot to glean from. I have never subscribed to accurate rifle but have learned a lot from PS.
xphunter

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xphunter:
I also wish that we had a magazine dedicated to specialty handguns. There are a couple of magazines out there that are dedicated to extreme accuracy but the articles mostly deal with rifles.

I wish that we did as well! Since joining the varmint Hunter's Association, their publication is the closest thing to what I am looking for. Also the Small Caliber News is great if you are into extreme accuracy and Varmint/Target shooting. They have even done some Contender writeups, and also did a feature on a couple of Savage 510 Pistols that were rebarreled to 17HMR [Big Grin]

Rich Jake, if I could make a living, or at least a partial living (in addition to the other stuff I do) doing such a publication, it would be fun, but my personal interests are so focused on specialty fields (hunting with small caliber centerfire and rimfire benchrest-style rifle-scope equipped target/varmint pistols) that I do not think I'd have too many subscribers!

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wheelgun101:
I agree with JSH the 1911 is in every magazine you pick up.I have dropped all of my magazines but two Handloader,American Rifleman.The 1911 is a fine weapon but the gun writers need to look for something else to write about.Give us a break.

Yep between the 1911 and the 30-06 and lame writers I have dropped all subs to the rags out there. Perhaps there is an intrest in a rag like one good shot whare everyone contributes something, may have possibilitys

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute each one post a really good informative article on what we are doing with our barrel or caliber (ghost writing help where needed)!!
I say again, "Wait a Minute Now" didn't two magazines start that way with really good articlea and information submitted by relative "unknowns" and they have now kinda gone off that narrow path and started on the same old articles just like most other gunzines?

LouisB

I don't think it can be done/feasible for economic reasons, but the world of e-zines has to be the next revo;ution and printing and distribution would certainly be cheaper.

AND

Since I am always advocating that back issues/articles should be available electronically, this would be the start of a paperless magazine! [Wink]

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea Mike, get hot! You have all this free time, let's get this rolling.

Man, what guy has to do to get a little progress...

Posts: 71 | Location: Worland, WY | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just remember guys, that some of the views and ideas won't go over with John Q Public. I hate to break the news but we are a pretty elite group believe it or not. If this "RAG" was to come together I would elbow my way to the front of the line to get one! [Wink]
You have to have the market, before the product, the proverbale "cart before the horse" situation. If one or several guys were to take this on great, I would try to help in any way feasible. But as in one of the above post, it stated about falling back into the same old rut so to speak. If this was put together, I would say on line would be the way to start it off with a bare essential part of the all mighty $$$$. Kind of like a pay per view.
Do any of you know another single shot handgun site with the amount of traffic that goes thru as this one? There are several other sites I bounce around to and check everyday, but very few have much more than one posting a day, and that includes weekends. I know of a couple that can't even get members to throw them a story or two, and I have watched them for a couple of years now.

Heck maybe to get things started off Saeed would let some one submit an article here??

When ever, who ever gets this thing moving, let me know I want a years subscription right off the bat.

As far as John Q Public, they all know that a handgun cannot shoot with or out shoot a rifle, cause some eggspurt guru said so! Yes, it has turned around in the last few years but there is still a lot of false information out there, that just ain't so!
I have rambled enough, it's friday what can I say.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote