THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PERSONAL DEFENSE FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got fantastic news today! Thanks AZ DPS!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
Back in September, I was coaching baseball in Scottsdale, Arizona. On one of the mornings, as I was leaving our hotel to go to the fields, I found my pickup had been broken into, and some POS had stolen my Colt 1911. To say I was pissed off would be a major understatement. The only good thing about the break-in was that he/they left my Springfield XD40, apparently having been scared off before they took it. The Scottsdale PD took the report and asked me to call in my gun's serial number so they could put it in a database, and if they ever recovered the gun, get it back to me. I called in the serial number and forgot about it.

I never figured I'd ever hear anything about my gun again....

I was wrong. Today, I got a call from a detective with the Arizona Department of Public Safety, their state police, advising me that they'd just finished a search warrant raid on a 'chop shop' and while investigating all the stolen cars, they found a locker with a number of stolen guns, including my 1911! Talk about good news making my day, it was freaking incredible!!!!

The POS that stole my gun is a 2-time convicted felon who is banned from possessing any firearms. Given that they recovered 7 or 8 stolen guns, plus the narcotics and stolen vehicle charges, I'm told this POS won't be out of prison for a long time.

I was told that as soon as they're done using my gun as evidence in this POS's prosecution, they'll contact me to return my gun.

THANK YOU ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY!!!!!

Posts: 3861 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That's great news!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I'll second that, it is really good news.

Congrats again!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lst's cheer the police force for the bust and the call. Great news for all. Too bad there is not a 3x loser law to put this scum away forever.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
A guy I know got aback a rifle 13 years after it had been lifted. Who would ever guess that one would come back after all that time

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4233 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
The police have been very professional throughout this debacle. First, they were very efficient at taking the report and advising me how to follow up. Then, they acknowledged my reporting of the serial number had been entered into the national database for stolen firearms. Then last week, I got the call about my gun being recovered. I've been very impressed with the Arizona law enforcement agencies.

As to the comment about sending him away for a long time, I was told this POS is going to go away for a very long time. He's a 2-time convicted felon who is banned from possessing firearms, and they found him with a number of stolen guns. Add to that the drug and vehicle theft charges, and I'm told this POS is going away for a lot of years.

Not long enough for me, I'd rather have a minute to shove the barrel of my 1911 up his arse and pull the trigger. That'd cure his problem permanently.

Posts: 3861 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I have found that if the owner of a stolen firearm can provide a serial number, there is an excellent chance it will be recovered.

I once checked the shotguns of 5-hunters who were not where they were supposed to be. Two of the guns were entered stolen. One had been taken during a K-Mart B&E, and the other came from a house burglary. Those weapons had supposedly been loaned or sold to them by another individual who either worked for the Mafia or was a "fence".

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote