New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who has some thoughts about the Ruger LCP?

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's very, very small, with sights that are all but useless.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I didn't like the feel of it in my hand.

Ended up getting a LC9....carried it for about 5 months.

Got rid of it because of its cheap feel. Now I carry a PARA 1911 and couldn't be happier. My choice was made after shooting numerous revolvers including Scandium framed, Kimbers, Rugers, Glocks, XD's, Taurus, Beretta, and Sigs.

For a Small sized pistol (around the size of the LCP)....I would seriously point you to the Sig P238. Check one out and if you decide to get one you probably will not be disappointed if you are looking for a small .380. Excellent small semi auto.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
)....I would seriously point you to the Sig P238

I bought one a few months ago. Shoots very well, smooth and accurate.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I hate the grip but I've had three and everyone went bang from the get go, which is more than one can say about a lot of them.

One did get so dirty from carrying in my pocket that it didn't fire because of that stupid exposed hammer. Clean off the crud once in awhile and away you go.

It is within a foot or a few feet that I foresee ever using it and sights are pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Your mileage may vary.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19320 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one I shot went bang every time. I would like better sites on it.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i really like the way it points and shoots
sights are rite on dont need adjustable sites
but it is ammo sensitive
and after 1500 rds or so the firing pin broke

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 393 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought an LCP as it is so easily concealed. I have XXL hands. I have no problems firing the gun. Yes the sights can be better, but you're not buying this gun to hit the 10 ring every time. I can make a bad guy's day his last from the 7 yard line.

Would I rather be carrying a S&W model 65 or 640? You betcha but the LCP serves it purpose.

Never follow a bad move with a stupid move.

Posts: 217 | Location: Clute, TX USA | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm satisfied with mine. It goes off every time with every kind of ammo I've put through it. Can't say about accuracy since it is so small and has double action trigger. Can't imagine shooting more than 15 feet or so with it anyway.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LCP = Little Cute Pistola

I like mine......

It is what it is...a tiny pistol for close work. I don't find it innacurate but the looooong trigger pull takes some getting used to.

It is unnoticable in my pocket and I have never had a misfire with any of the several types of ammo I have used.

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have had one for a few years and really like it. Sights on this are not an issue for me, all 7 will hit a paper plate at 7 yards. My normal ccw is a glock 23 or 27 or a SW3913. There are times when a holster or a man purse just wont work. I just bought a Desantis pocket shot and really like it, as the pocket holster I had would not reliably stay in my pocket when drawing. 7 .380 hydroshocks beats a sharp stick any day. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote