Find
Notify
Tools

Front Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
Has anyone here had personal experience with these guys? I like the wrapping, but I'm hearing different things about the gift inside. He's dang sure not scared of over marketing. I was thinking about taking them up on one of their "deals", but I've heard they may be going out of business also, and I don't want a lifetime membership to a failed Scheme. thanks in advance.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I took a short course from them way back when (1997) Chuck Taylor was Director of Curriculum. Nash Piazza and Chuck Taylor were both on hands-on for the course in those days and the venue was outside of Bakersfield California. I got very good instruction and all of the the staff were very good. I don't know what it's like these days however.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No personal experience, however I have seen several posts recently that indicate there may be some connection with Scientology and their strong arm tactics of suing anyone who disagrees with them. There are also some lawsuits by members over promised benefits. Just saying do some research first.

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A/C guy:
No personal experience, however I have seen several posts recently that indicate there may be some connection with Scientology and their strong arm tactics of suing anyone who disagrees with them. There are also some lawsuits by members over promised benefits. Just saying do some research first.

I've seen the same thing. They're hooked up with Scientology somehow and are suing a member for commenting on it on her blog. Paranoia will destroy ya.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Seen the same thing. Piazza is supposedly a "Clear" in Scientology. I'm just wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge that any of the smoke is real, or if it is a legit operation. All his promises sound "too good to be true".

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All his promises sound "too good to be true".

You know what "they" say about that...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a shooting school contact Rogers Shooting School. They do a lot of work for the military so I don't know if they do individuals or not. They are in North Western Georgia.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Front Sight went into receivership this week according to the Pahrump Valley Times and all assets and property were seized by the court due to failure of the owner (Ignatius Piazza) to fund the settlement agreed to in a class action lawsuit filed by Front Sight members in 2005 who alleged that they had been defrauded by him when they bought expensive memberships into the club. See www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/200...9/news/28773367.html. Classes are still being scheduled but I wouldn't go there now.
jpj3

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The receivership on Front Sight was dissolved 05/18/09. See http://invictus.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=784766.
Best,
jpj3

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
So did Piazza pay, or did he get it reversed?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Pahrump Valley Times from 05/20/09 says the Piazza "is back in control...pending his making a payment of $600,000 into the established fund for the members of a class action suit filed against him...".
I have several friends who have trained there in the last few years and felt it was worth while and one who 5 or years ago felt who was not pleased do to a push to sell it as a shooting concept club/village.

jpj3

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I only ask cause I'd rather train with a guy rockin the Magnum P.I. stache.