New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSX or Reflex for EDC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Somehow in my search for a micro 9mm, I ended up with two of them. Got them for a very good price, one on sale and the other from a young man who was looking for a Glock with optics, so he was in a selling mood.
First is the FN Reflex. It’s a nice polymer frame internal hammer fired pistol. The two magazines give me the option of 12 or 15 rounds. It has no safety and a very good trigger pull. The polymer frame is new to me and feels too light.
The CSX on the other hand is a 1911 type hammer fired all metal gun. Two mags gives me the option of 10 or 12 rounds. Its grip is more roundish and feels good in the hand. I tend to favor the CSX for the feel and its 1911 manual of arms. I probably need to sell the FN but haven’t made my mid up yet. They both have good points. My primary EDC is still my Sig P239 40 S&W.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two new toys.

Is reason enough.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm surprisingly happy with my CSX, Mike. Just need to tweak the trigger but it is perfectly serviceable as is. It fits my hand better than any other 9 I have owned and the grip shape and controls feel natural to a 1911 guy.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, Exactly my thoughts and findings. I sold my Reflex this morning after much thought and last week I picked up a nice leather paddle open top holster for my CSX. As nice as the Reflex is, I feel no regrets in keeping the CSX. It just feels right.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote