Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LPR
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Got to coon-finger one of these today at a local gunshop. They had $499 on it. Obviously lightweight, had good feeling grips, and a of course a lawyer trigger. Certainly a departure from a J-frame S&W.

Wonder how long before a recall? Wonder how they will hold up to 15 years of sweat, getting a couple hundred rounds run through them, and pocket lint.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder how they will hold up to 15 years of sweat, getting a couple hundred rounds run through them, and pocket lint.

Buy one and begin empirical testing as soon as possible...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
from what I heard,there already was a recall.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Some of the first LCPs (tiny semi-auto .380) were recalled, but I have not heard anything of the LCRs (tiny revolver in .38 Special +P) being recalled (yet). They do seem pretty cool though, so I second the motion that you begin testing ASAP and feed us the results.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote