New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Stupidity Cannot Be Eliminated!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe he hasn't reproduce yet.

Good chance he might not be able to.

So it is a limiting factor.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, they did find him in the meat dept. wonder if he was in the hot dog section?
maybe he had a premonition that morning!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I really have no idea why those carrying carry their guns with a chambered round.

It only takes a second to chamber a round and make the gun ready.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Frankly, I really have no idea why those carrying carry their guns with a chambered round.

Having been actively carrying and instructing others to use a handgun for self-defense for over 4 decades.

The answers are very simple some times you do not have that second.

Unless highly trained 99 percent of the people who carry without a round in the chamber forget to chamber a round until it goes click instead of bang.

There are many real life videos on you tube showing this.

I personally seen it many times while training people who insist on this type of carry.

Put the pressure on and they forget to chamber then look at their fire arm. With way didn't it go bang then remember to chamber a round after 3 or 4 seconds.

You don't always have two hands to operate the action to chamber a round.

There are techniques for doing so one handed but they add time and are easy to screw up adding even more time.

Modern hand guns are very safe with a round in the chamber.

Unless you pull the trigger as this person did a proper holster would have prevented this.

I haven't seen it but I would bet this person was a criminal and that is why he did not have his firearm holstered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I simply cannot understand why some folks refuse to carry in a good holster while carrying concealed.

I have spent the last two weeks in Louisville and Lexington our largest urban cities white my 1991 in a good holster at Four O’clock position. No one was the wiser, and I was perfectly safe and comfortable.

A good holster would stop a lot of this.

Posts: 10964 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I simply cannot understand why some folks refuse to carry in a good holster while carrying concealed.

Criminals don't carry in a holster as it is easy toss the firearm but a lot harder to get a holster off and toss that also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember some of the IPSC timings when someone talks about time.
At close range [6' ] with proper training and practice I could draw , fire two rounds [ double tap ] and hit both rounds , in ONE second ! I wasn't the fastest shooter. I don't care to give away a second to a perp !
A proper " double tap " is "bang-bang " not "bang, bang."

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Maybe he hasn't reproduce yet.

Good chance he might not be able to.

So it is a limiting factor.

If his progeny has no more brains than him, it is probably a good thing if he can't!

………………………………………..DUMB! homer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Having been actively carrying and instructing others to use a handgun for self-defense for over 4 decades.

The answers are very simple some times you do not have that second.

Unless highly trained 99 percent of the people who carry without a round in the chamber forget to chamber a round until it goes click instead of bang.

There are many real life videos on you tube showing this.

I personally seen it many times while training people who insist on this type of carry.

Put the pressure on and they forget to chamber then look at their fire arm. With way didn't it go bang then remember to chamber a round after 3 or 4 seconds.

You don't always have two hands to operate the action to chamber a round.

There are techniques for doing so one handed but they add time and are easy to screw up adding even more time.

Modern hand guns are very safe with a round in the chamber.

Unless you pull the trigger as this person did a proper holster would have prevented this.

I haven't seen it but I would bet this person was a criminal and that is why he did not have his firearm holstered.

P-Dog shooter I agree with the chambered round, and that is one reason I like the 1911 type so it can be carried "COCKED and LOCKED"
! I is completely safe, and is as fast as one could ask for in a dire situation. I've been carrying cocked-and -locked Mod 1911s all my adult life, and have never had a problem getting off two very quick shots in half the time it takes to work the slide, and get off one round! As I type this I'm carrying a Springfield Arms XDe 9mm cocked and locked with a round in the chamber on my right hip's 4 OClock position.

The dummy in this thread should have been using a well made holster, made for the firearm he was carrying, instead of in his pants like a gang banger.

Some people should not even own a handgun much less carry one in their pants or pocket!

………………………………………………………..old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote