New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus model 4510
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought one last year primarily as a snake gun. It shoots a 45 long colt or a two and half inch 410 shot gun shell. It is a great snake gun and the buckshot 3 pellets look lethal at short range. Anyone else a fan of this shot shell pistol?

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taurus "Judge" -- 6 rd. revolver, two bbl lengths. Now they come in stainless too.

I like the concept, but I'll stick with a Smith J-Frame in .357 mag. -- which is smaller and more potent.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
For me this is a gimmick. Shoots the 45 Colt poorly, and the .410 equally poor. Perhaps for a car gun where the ranges if needed will be close, it might be OK. Or for a snake tamer when hiking.
But there are other guns that will do just as well, and perform a lot better.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or for a snake tamer when hiking.

My local hunting/scouting area is Ms. Delta hardwood river bottom. It does well on the cotton mouths.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
Great for people living in apartments and not having to worry about bullets traveling through walls. Even ratshot from a 22 into the face can blind someone at close range.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I bought a lightweight version of this handgun (3" barrel)awhile back and I'm still in the 'do I like it or not stage?'. Got it in response to a close encounter with a doberman that came after my dog and I while on an evening walk. I think it's going to make a handy hiking pistol as it's not too heavy and covers a lot of ground with the loads available. Snakes for sure as it's light-years ahead of any .22 shot loads. Having shot stuff with both .38 and .44 pistol shot-capsule loads it's way ahead of them too.

I've shot some clay targets with it (both low and high house station 7). Anything beyond 20 feet gets quite iffy.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote