The Accurate Reloading Forums
Taurus model 4510

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6011036801/m/5551055011

02 June 2009, 05:25
xgrunt
Taurus model 4510
I bought one last year primarily as a snake gun. It shoots a 45 long colt or a two and half inch 410 shot gun shell. It is a great snake gun and the buckshot 3 pellets look lethal at short range. Anyone else a fan of this shot shell pistol?
15 June 2009, 10:49
Wm.S.Ladd
Taurus "Judge" -- 6 rd. revolver, two bbl lengths. Now they come in stainless too.

I like the concept, but I'll stick with a Smith J-Frame in .357 mag. -- which is smaller and more potent.
21 July 2009, 08:55
billinthewild
For me this is a gimmick. Shoots the 45 Colt poorly, and the .410 equally poor. Perhaps for a car gun where the ranges if needed will be close, it might be OK. Or for a snake tamer when hiking.
But there are other guns that will do just as well, and perform a lot better.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt
21 July 2009, 21:35
xgrunt
quote:
Or for a snake tamer when hiking.

My local hunting/scouting area is Ms. Delta hardwood river bottom. It does well on the cotton mouths.
22 July 2009, 02:19
griz78
Great for people living in apartments and not having to worry about bullets traveling through walls. Even ratshot from a 22 into the face can blind someone at close range.

27 July 2009, 04:03
Matt Norman
I bought a lightweight version of this handgun (3" barrel)awhile back and I'm still in the 'do I like it or not stage?'. Got it in response to a close encounter with a doberman that came after my dog and I while on an evening walk. I think it's going to make a handy hiking pistol as it's not too heavy and covers a lot of ground with the loads available. Snakes for sure as it's light-years ahead of any .22 shot loads. Having shot stuff with both .38 and .44 pistol shot-capsule loads it's way ahead of them too.

I've shot some clay targets with it (both low and high house station 7). Anything beyond 20 feet gets quite iffy.