Find
Notify
Tools

Score one more for the BG
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted
Met a fella New Years Eve that had been robbed while in his truck. It happened about two weeks ago when he was driving pass the junior high school. As he was stopped at a stop sign, a man walked in front of his truck from right to left. He was looking at traffic to his right when he felt something press against his head. shocker (you can guess what it was) He was smoking a cigarette and had his window down. Crook made off with over $1300.00. Most of it belonging to his boss.

When he was first telling me this, I thought of the company policy situation where he might not have been able to carry. But he was in his personal vehicle. Come to find out, he doesn't even own a pistol. This is mostly because his wife doesn't like them and (get this) told him he couldn't have one!!!! Of couse, I'm Eeker at this point.

Now get this. He says he's gonna get a pistol so this will never happen to him again. I told him he was in a no win situation since the BG had the drop on him. But he would hear none of it. I guess he thinks having pistol will make him bulletproof. I hope he never gets the chance to find out.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Situational awareness is a lot more beneficial than having a gun. In this case, he had neither!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well maybe when he gets his gun he will be more "aware".

Also, maybe he should quit smoking and roll up his window and lock his doors.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Most of it belonging to his boss."
Hmmmmmmmm......

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
"Most of it belonging to his boss."
Hmmmmmmmm......

You've got a suspicious mind there TWL. Personally the first thing I thought was "Someone got a Christmas bonus".

At least we know how he's going to afford that new pistol. Wink

Griz78
Before you think we're too hard hearted, I'd estimate about 80% of the time when a employee "loses" his companies money and there are no witnesses it's an inside job.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
That crossed my mind also. This was the first time I met him, so ya'll could very well be right.

He did say that his boss's reply to the news was, "It's ok, that happened to me too."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't remember how many street robberies committed by a lone gunman I've investigated where the property taken, or a significant amount of it, ....."belonged to my boss."

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Smoking a cigarette" right there you know the guy is stupid, and his days are numbered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun to your head + you reaching for your gun = you die. Doesn't mean I don't CC but....... And depending upon where you are, if you fill him full of holes as he tries to get away.....not sure that would work out well either.

Somebody else already said it.....situational awareness.....especially in a place where people rob others at gunpoint.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
I came upon a situation Friday that caught me by surprise. As I was coming up to a stop sign, I noticed a young black male standing on the sidewalk to my left. So my attention was on him. I also noticed that he had on a hooded coat and he put his head down so I couldn't see his face. There was a vehicle parked close to the stop sign. As I pulled away, I looked in my passenger side mirror and saw another guy standing in front of the parked vehicle. I NEVER SAW HIM WHEN I STOPPED. Afterwards I realized that the front of the parked vehicle was about where my blind spot was. I was in a company vehicle and had my crew with me.

Any of ya'll in Louisiana know how cold it was Friday. Doesn't make since for someone to be standing out by the side of the road doing nothing.

Yes, I was kinda shaken after that.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like you were in New Orleans.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote