New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA, DAO, or DAK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Still looking for an Sig P239 which typically is listed as DA/SA, but I found several that had come with a DAK trigger. It seems this model has two resets, which give different trigger pulls. Then I found a model that was listed as DAO, which I’m familiar with. Anyone familiar with this DAK trigger?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From the sig Web site. Seems overly complicated

The acronym DAK refers to a SIG SAUER-exclusive design for several of its double action, semi-automatic handguns dubbed “Double Action Kellerman.” These are fired by pressing the trigger to the rear which causes the hammer to cock and release. Upon reset, the trigger system can reset to either a lighter or intermediate double-action trigger press and there is no need to decock the hammer as the hammer follows the slide forward after the shot. The DAK trigger reduces the second shot trigger pull from around 10 pounds to 6.5 pounds of pressure. SIG SAUER designs such as the P226 and P229 pistols are available with DAK triggers.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read this earlier and don’t think I fully understand what they are saying. I tend to stay away from things that sound too complicated. Seems like they are saying there are two trigger resets, depending on when you pull the trigger.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
think of as the hammer spring is already compressed so the pull is much lighter.

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote