Find
Notify
Tools

Colt mustang
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 458PHCAPSTICK
posted
Anyone carry the little 380 Colt mustang?
Do you still carry it cocked & Locked like a 1911 even though it doesn't have the 1911's added grip safety?
What type holster do you recommend?
If you ever had to use a 380 in self defense... where would you aim?First shot center mass?

Posts: 216 | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on how to safely carry a Colt Mustang, but I would like to comment on shooting.

My initial reaction is to shoot center mass and continue shooting there until the "target" falls...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
absolutely i do, but mine has been sort or modified with a lapped barrel, fitteed front, adjustable sights decent grips etc. etc. so its not a fair comparison to a stock one if you want a stock one that works well go get a new sig 238

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458PHCAPSTICK:
Anyone carry the little 380 Colt mustang?
Do you still carry it cocked & Locked like a 1911 even though it doesn't have the 1911's added grip safety?
What type holster do you recommend?
If you ever had to use a 380 in self defense... where would you aim?First shot center mass?

Shoot center mass until you can hit the head
every shot during rapid fire at 7 yards.

Carry it cocked and locked.

The Colt Mustang is small enough to use an OWB holster imo.

Holsters are very much a personal preference thing.

fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=p7C&rls=org.mozilla:en-USRed Facefficial&sa=X&ei=-vj6ToKqKo-ztwfF2uzQBg&ved=0CGgQBSgA&q=colt+mustang+holster&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=147d9809fdfedef9&biw=1012&bih=571" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/search?q...ef9&biw=1012&bih=571

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote