Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli supernova tactical
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted
Does anyone have one and how does it perform? Any jams or problems with it? I looked at the 870's and mossberg 500's and the Benelli is alot easier to feild strip if you do have a problem if you decide to take it duck hunting or such. It will primarily be used as a defense gun though.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iceman,

I have a good friend who has one. He used it at a John Farnum shotgun class we took together and the gun had no hickups, pointed well and was easy to manipulate. No problems at all with several hundred rounds of bird shot, 50-75 buck shot, and 1 or 2 dozen slugs in an afternoon.

I find it fits me better than the 870/110/1187 line-all of which shoot high for me. The other Benelli's and Browning A5's seem to fit similarly to the Nova for me, which is pretty good. Hope this helps.

Best,
jpj3

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My knee-jerk reaction to the Benelli is that it's a bit too "Euro chic" for my tastes. I don't think it's suited at all for duck hunting.

Rem. 870 is the largest selling shotgun on the planet. In the Wingmaster versions with the correct furniture it's popular on the trap and skeet fields. Excellent in the duck blind. A leading choice for law enforcement.

One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
OXO, I'm not sure why you would say it's not suited for duck? With the tactical barrel it's not but put on a 26 or 28"( i bought the 26" barrel) and i think you have a winner. I know 3 seasoned duck hunters that say it's the best duck gun they have ever used. I have put about 200 rounds through it and it has digested anything i throw at it without a hickup. I don't see it being any more EURO than half the rifle offerings in poly/stainless etc of today. Truth is i own an Ithaca M37 and have owned a couple older 870's. I bought the Benelli and was kinda disgusted in doing so. I went to several gun shops looking at shotguns and i saw several, (not just one ) 870's on the rack with rusted recievers, mag tubes, and barrels. One had the H2o silver finish and it was rusted through the finish! I don't care for mossbergs, and the Benelli was easy to field strip if needed. I was totally turned off at the quality of the recent remingtons. It seems since they were bought by Cerberus in 2007 the quality is just terrible, and not just in shotguns. I am a buy American kind of guy and it was really pissin me off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just shoot me . . . personal preference. I don't care for large busted women either. coffee

One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
Laughing my ass off! Gotcha, i thought there was a reason behind it, To each their own. And i don't care for the droopies either! Too funny.