Find
Notify
Tools

Just Missed and Armed Robbery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted
Our local BP with the nicest people got hit yesterday at noon on a main street in Chapel Hill. 3 crooks, one with a hand gun, pistol whipped the owner cleaned the register and sole a lot of Newport Menthols.

I was there with my daughter 10 minutes before...

Crum! The owner is anti gun- with three guys who knows if it would have helped. Classic set up, 2 in the store and a lay off man at the entrance.

This area is otherwise considered safe and quiet.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boom-Boom-Boom! .16-.20 second splits. Most of the time scrotes like that don't practice much.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
was there with my daughter 10 minutes before...

You were smiled on by fortune. It doesn't always end like it should in the movies. Be grateful for your good fortune.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
quote:

You were smiled on by fortune. It doesn't always end like it should in the movies. Be grateful for your good fortune.

+1

After hundreds of hours of firearms training and years of experience as an LEO, I was thankful when I arrived at the local grocery store with my wife and two kids fifteen minutes after a particularly bad bunch of thugs had robbed it.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if he was anti-gun did he have a sign up that the place was unarmed

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M4Finny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
quote:

Ditto the wise observation. Especially because he had his daughter with him. I carry my PDW for my personal safety and for those with me and not necessarily to stop a crime in progress.

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few; And let another take his office."

Posts: 31 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M4, I hope you are not stating that you would watch a crime go down and allow innocent people to be killed or maimed. Everyone has a family that loves them and there would be a zero chance I would watch someone else be shot to death during a robbery, while I stood and watched...or worse, ran away. Assisting others in harms way is a price to pay for living in a modern society. I'm sure I am reading your intention wrong.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I didn't take him that way. Hopefully he meant along the lines of his PDW is for protection of life, but not necessarily property. I think on another thread he referenced that he was a cop. I can't picture a cop (or any other decent human being for that matter) standing by and watching someone else get killed if he has a choice.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bad guys practice more than you think! Don't underestimate your enemy!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Listen to this guy.

quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
The bad guys practice more than you think! Don't underestimate your enemy!

Words to LIVE by...

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Armed robbery, and you can rest assured the perps are "impulsive" and bent on "acting out." So, one of you and three of them. They're wired on adrenaline, and probably tweaked or similar. Stealing cartons of Newport ciggies, tells you they're not bright.

If or when the shooting starts, they're going to get a thrill out of having their guns go "boom," what with being all wound-up, excited and all. So, they'll spray the scene with bullets until their guns empty, or jam, and someone will get killed. They don't need "practice" to act stupid and reckless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the other hand unless they get lucky they won't hit anyone who through cool deliberation sets out to take them out of play...

But one thing about TV shows tends to be real....
the person you have with you that you tell to
"Get down and stay down" probably won't.

I don't know about any of you, but I wouldn't want to take on three actors with handguns.... alone...

With my aimpoint sighted 30carbine I'd feel differently, me and my carbine against guys with handguns? that ain't
anywhere close to fair... and probably why I carry it as a truck gun.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Menthols, huh? Dead giveaway. Damned caucasion thugs!

Mad Wink

On a serious note, glad no one was hurt.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Menthols, huh? Dead giveaway. Damned caucasion thugs!

Mad Wink

On a serious note, glad no one was hurt.

Yeah- Newport Menthols - you can read between the lines here....

but so glad we missed it!

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote