Find
Notify
Tools

handgun laser sight options - grip activation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Have need for a laser sight on a handgun that doesn't involve a sliding 'on-off' switch to activate. We do Like the Crimson Trace 'lasergrip' set up where the activation button is built into the grip (no fumbling in the dark for a small little on-off switch).

Are there other options out there for such a grip on/off activation? CT doesn't make a grip for the particular gun project being worked on.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
What handgun?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Laser sights that fit the rail under the frame also have an on/off switch but mounted, I think, on the front of the trigger guard. Won't fit a standard holster though.
My Kimber Pro Carry II has the Crimson Tace laser grips.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22/45 (MkIII). CT doesn't make one for that model. I otherwise like the CT laser grips and that activation button built into the grip.

Not keen on the ones that mount on a rail that have a tiny switch that needs to be slid on/off.

Didn't know if anybody else is doing the grip activation button like C-T

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if anyone else makes one for the Ruger 22/45 but I broke down and bought a CT for my R51, love it.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 22/45 uses 1911 grips doesn’t it? A google image search shows them on 22/45’s.

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
perhaps, but I've talked directly to C-T and they tell me their laser grips will not fit the Ruger 22/45.