Find
Notify
Tools

Britain & Handguns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-safety-lecture.html
No wonder they want to ban handguns in Britain. At least they should have stayed with 38s !! Eeker

One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
The bullet from the Magnum .44 revolver - described as 'the most powerful handgun in the world' by Clint Eastwood's uncompromising policeman Dirty Harry - passed through Mr Tilbury and the chair he was sitting on, lodging in the seat behind.
Mr Tilbury was blown off his chair and thrown half way across the room.

Half way across the room huh? bewildered
I guess the guy shot him then threw him. Wink

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Too many US movies seen by Brits.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Big Grin

Too many US movies seen by Brits.

Evidently! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dummy rounds and a dummy fireing the pistol.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The case against 52-year-old Pc Micklethwaite, a police firearms instructor, is that he failed to check the ammunition he had brought into the awareness session for the call centre staff.

When putting rounds into the revolver he believed they were dummy ammunition but they turned out to be live, with almost fatal consequences.

How can anyone who is supposed to know firearms mistake live ammo for blanks? They don't weigh anywhere near the same. The appearance is entirely different. And a blank is dangerous, too, at close range. Just ask John Erik Hexum. Why did they not use an inert, like a Snap-Cap or even a round with several holes drilled through the case? Just plain stupid. Shows to go you just how dangerous taking away guns from the citizenry really is. I will posit the theory that if the people in the call centre had known what live rounds look like, maybe one would have asked "Are those live? They look pretty real to me." But then, maybe the British have such a sense of politeness that no one would have said anything.

And what kind of firearms instructor ever points any gun at someone he does not intend to shoot? My dad taught me to never do that when I was about six and fired his '06 for the first time. It's what I counsel with anyone I have out shooting for the first time. I tell them a split-second worth of inattention or carelessness can lead to a lifetime of regret. This cop should have known better...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All newspapers in G.B. are rags with the exception of the Times. They can not get anything right in their copy and what they can't get right they make up.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brit cops and guns are just a bad combination.

Years ago I took a pistol course run by an ex-cop instructor, I had to do so to compete in some comps. In the first 5 min the guy had dropped a loaded 45 then just grabbed it up again and laughed, sweeping everyone in the room. Then pointed a loaded revolver straight at the side of my head.
Needless to say that was enough, I was OFF.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote