THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Things to do after the hunt in the Northern Territiry

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things to do after the hunt in the Northern Territiry
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We are going to stay several days to do some sightseeing after out hunt in the NT. Do you all have any recommendations of places to visit?

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
In Darwin?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
In Darwin?

We will start in Darwin. Then move on to the surrounding areas.

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as well. I'll have a couple of days with a friend and we are going to wander around.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1100 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Check out my hunt report on my hunt in Australia. We spent a couple weeks hunting, fishing and just being tourists.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You guys do realise the sheer magnatude of the land mass of Australia. Its bigger than the continental USA.....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
You guys do realise the sheer magnatude of the land mass of Australia. Its bigger than the continental USA.....

I had that discussion with my wife this morning. I told her to not expect this to be like trips to say Iceland or the south Island of New Zealand. Expect a LOT more travel.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well there is more to do in Darwin I reckon.

A 3.5 hour drive south of Darwin is Katherine. It has the gorge but thats just a lot of rock. An hour drive past Katherine is the Mataranka hot springs. They are nice for a soak if you can handle all the tourists.

Litchfield and Kakadu Parks: Really you'll see the same sort of landscape on your hunt without the tourists.

Darwin: Crocosaurus Cove DON'T get in the cage of death....it has to break sometime.
Crocodylus Park
Territory Wildlife Park
Museum/Art gallery
Jumping croc tour

A days fishing?
Arafura Blue water charters

Other stuff to do.

Hope that helps mate. Let us know how you go.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have interest in WWII history, contact Garry Gallagher who is the owner of "Bombing of Darwin Tour". I would highly recommend it.
www.bombingofdarwin.com.au

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The pier in Darwin is an interesting place to eat. When we were there two years ago there was an Aboriginal art show at the nearby expo building and a Peter Garrett concert near the botanical gardens, so stuff does go on. There's a reasonably big museum on the north side, too, you might like, and a walking tour around the CBD of old buildings that survived WWII and Cyclone Tracy.

If you have time, Uluru, Kata Tjuta and the MacDonnell Ranges are worth seeing, but they are several days to the south.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are in Darwin right now staying at the Hilton downtown. Lots to see and do within walking distance. Leave early in the morning to hunt but have another couple of days here after the hunt.

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hidalgo:
My wife and I are in Darwin right now staying at the Hilton downtown. Lots to see and do within walking distance. Leave early in the morning to hunt but have another couple of days here after the hunt.

Have a great time, keep us informed on how you go. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

I am think we may go to Cairns for a few days as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The friend I am hunting with lives in Cairns. He says it's a full 2 day drive.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1100 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or a 3 hour flight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fly to Cairns.
Visit Tjapukai Cultural Park, travel on Skyrail to Kuranda, stay at Port Douglas and spend a day on the reef with Quicksilver cruises.
You won’t be disappointed.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls is spectacular. My wife and I really enjoyed our helicopter flight over the gorge. We also like Mataranka. Is your hunt inland or coastal?

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Inland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After hunt doing 2 nights at vibe waterfront, then renting safari landcruiser and doing 5 days wandering. Should be pretty fun

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
Fly to Cairns.
Visit Tjapukai Cultural Park, travel on Skyrail to Kuranda, stay at Port Douglas and spend a day on the reef with Quicksilver cruises.

I haven't taken the skyrail because it was very cloudy the day we thought about it. It's not cheap, though, and we found coming back from Mareeba days later that you see much of the view from the road, anyway.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
Fly to Cairns.

I haven't taken the skyrail because it was very cloudy the day we thought about it. It's not cheap, though, and we found coming back from Mareeba days later that you see much of the view from the road, anyway.

Pretty near impossible to see the rainforest canopy from the road but I agree, it’s a nice drive, especially coming down the range.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
May be arrange to meet Quickly? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67315 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry:

If you are a certified SCUBA diver, I would go diving on the Great Barrier Reef. We did it a trip or two ago; went out on day 1, did some dives, had a nice dinner on the boat, slept, got up, did some more dives, and headed back in.

If you are not certified you could always snorkel; the reefs are not that deep anyway.

But Cairns itself is not that great; there isn't a beach like Sydney or Perth.

You could always fly to Brisbane and take Bakes to dinner. He is a charming chap. Big Grin

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 'beach' at Cairns was just mangrove sprouts in mud when I saw it. There are some nice beaches nearby, though, such as at Yorkeys Knob, but I'm not sure you can swim there for fear of stingers, sharks and, possibly, crocs. Come to Melbourne - cold, but relatively safe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being from FL, the beach does not interest me.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Larry:

If you are a certified SCUBA diver, I would go diving on the Great Barrier Reef. We did it a trip or two ago; went out on day 1, did some dives, had a nice dinner on the boat, slept, got up, did some more dives, and headed back in.

If you are not certified you could always snorkel; the reefs are not that deep anyway.

You could always fly to Brisbane and take Bakes to dinner. He is a charming chap. Big Grin

And after my latest operation I'm cheap to take to dinner, I don't eat much at all these daysdancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Larry:

And after my latest operation I'm cheap to take to dinner, I don't eat much at all these daysdancing

I still remember those ice cream bars you bought on the way to Paul's...

Hey, been chatting with Glenda about schedule - let me know when you know yours.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah I spoke to her yesterday. I'll talk to my boss today.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Being from FL, the beach does not interest me.

Me either, I used to live about a mile from a beach but hardly ever went there.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Renting a 4wD and visit the highlights of Kakadu, Litchfield Nat Parks and Katherine gorge are good options

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can binge on Paul's iced coffee and Weis Mango bars while looking for something to do.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the safari landcruiser. I am an offroader so I wanted the best one they got. The britz scout would be easier but not in same class of vehicle. Plus I can see what the big fuss is with "overlanding" tents. Should be pretty fun
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Renting a 4wD and visit the highlights of Kakadu, Litchfield Nat Parks and Katherine gorge are good options

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote