New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trip in Australia and hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everybody,

I'm sorry because my english isn't very good...

I'm a 23 years old student from Switzerland and I will come in Australia from 17.09.05 to 15.02.06. I will stay 3 months in Brisbane and I will travel (I don't know where exactly) the 2 last months.

In Switzerland I hunt pigs and deers. I would know if it's possible for me to hunt pigs in Australia? I have a very very small budget and I will come without my rifle. I don't know if it's possible for me to have an hunting experience in Australia in this conditions...

Thank you.

Mankiw

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Mankiw,
You will need a visitor shooting licence to have possession of a rifle for hunting; or do as the Aussies do, and don't get caught by the police.
Certainly if you stay in Brisbane we can probably organise a shoot at a rifle range with a borrowed rifle.
December to February are very hot periods and usually not comfortable for visitors from Switzerland.
Don't apologise for your English because my Swiss is terrible also jump

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bad Ass, it is very commendable of you to offer your services to our overseas friend, so while you look after Mankiw in Brisbane I'll offer to look after him if he reaches Sydney. So Mankiw, please accept my hospitality if you travel south to Sydney. As Bad Ass already states, January and February are our two hottest months so bring along plenty of suncream.
Bad Ass, hopefully Mankiw will have a sister and you and I can trade photos of her!!!!!!!!
Malcolm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mankiw,
Where in Switzerland are you? I'm in Zurich. If you want to meet up before you leave and trade hunting information let me know.
- Stu
spinfish@gmail.com

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by malcolm56:
Bad Ass, hopefully Mankiw will have a sister and you and I can trade photos of her!!!!!!!!
Malcolm

A-Little-Lady-Who! clap

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your answers...

Bad Ass Wallace and malcom56, perhaps could meet us? First in Brisbane for Bad Ass Wallace and then in Sydney with malcom56...

Stu C, I contact you directly with email.

Hum... I'm very sorry but I don't have any sister........

Cool

Mankiw

posted Hide Post
mankiw im based in brisbane but shoot roos for a living mate your more than welcome to come out with me. im looking to put another guy on full time so you can work with me and earn yourself some extra cash as well. email me at redmist@aapt.net.au and we will talk more

Posts: 15 | Location: aussie | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote