Notify
Tools

About time
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Old Laurie has finally been banned. Article

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I'm not sure it would make much difference. If sent to jail for breaking the ban he will just become a martyr.

A mate told me he had met him a couple of times. Once a bird flew into his CBD office window and fell injured on the balcony. For one reason or another, he rang some animal welfare lot who asked him to take it out to their depot in Lilydale.

Sorry, he said, he was at work and could not leave until about 11pm. So, they sent Laurie to collect it.

Another time my mate was shooting on some northern swamp where Laurie's mob were in attendance, They'd even brought a plane to stir the ducks up.

Anyway, the police came and were arresting L when my buddy went up and pleaded with them not to. There were not many shooters around, he said, and it was good to have Laurie and the plane to keep them flying.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul:

A martyr is still dead, good ridden's.
Agreed?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
That's true in the 20th-Century sense, George, but the language moves on whether we want it to or not - and I often see martyr used in the still-living way now.

When I was a boy 'begging the question' was a tricky fault in logic. Now every journalist and 'their' dog use it to mean posing a question.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, lotta such misused terms by the younger uneducated rads these days,

For many years I didn't feel my average education was very good. then trying to decipher what these half grown kids are talking about. WOW!

How's things with you?

George.

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I'm well,thanks, George. How are you going these days?