Find
Notify
Tools

My thoughts are with Queenslanders
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Hope all of you survive the flooding. Sounds like a complete mess, not to mention the warnings about displaced crocs and snakes. If there were a way to store that water for later irrigation ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16512 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The area flooded is the size of Germany and France combined with more to come.
Main thing now is for no cyclones to come in on top of this disaster as that would be an even worst case scenario.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
We had 'the fire next time' in Victoria and now we're back to the deluge. Meanwhile the 'temperate' zones of the the Northern Hemisphere freeze their butts off.

Reportedly the Queensland floods could cost $7 billion - I wonder if our former PM (the shooter's friend Wink) still sees fighting climate change as a danger to the economy.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bondy
posted Hide Post
Insane amounts of rain all right; we had 67" of rain last year. That's more than 40" greater than our average and 10" of that fell on Boxing day. Flash floods, record amounts of water and stock losses and damage everywhere you look.

No worries; we will get over it. Everybody seems to be digging in and helping their family, friends, neighbours and complete strangers as best they can. As they should tu2.

Posts: 54 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 01 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive been stuck here AT WORK since boxing day unable to get home because of flood waters. Fortunately I havent suffered any loss of possesions or livelihood. Unlike a hell of a lot of other poor buggers.

Posts: 62 | Location: Crows Nest QLD. Australia | Registered: 22 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Crook: Hope the beer supply is adequate!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16512 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
after getting flooded this fall i know what you are going through. it is amazing at how little use government can be at these times, and how great the people are. remember that humanity is at its best when things are at their worst

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hope all the people in the wet area of Queensland, are well, There is not much we can other than give our support and some cash to the appeal, Good luck

Posts: 5 | Location: brisbane Australia | Registered: 04 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
My father lost his home to flooding 13 years ago. It is a damned, stinking, disspiriting mess to clean up. Truly, my sympathies.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard how Bakes is fairing in his new home? I hope he is still high and dry.

Don't ask me what happened, when I left Viet Nam, we were winning.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
New home is ok and has with stood all the water...however I'm not in it yet Mad Amongst other problems the builder and plumber have been flooded in over christmas and have not had the chance to finish their bits and pieces off. I've had to cancel the removal for the time being. Rang the builder today and he is cut off again due to a storm that hit this morning.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote